Newbie so please be nice

mcmental

So then folks is an openbox the way to go for me as a newbie? I've used xbmc for a year but I'm changing my mind and looking towards a box.
which box should I go for and where should I be looking for a list of channels?
any help greatly appreciated either on here or in a PM

cheers

chris

I am still pretty much a newbie but I have had a Libertview F5S for a couple of months now and I couldn't really knock it apart from the EPG which is a bit temperamental at times. I bought this off Ebay and have had no problems with anything and even when I asked him how to update the firmware and channel list he sent me the updates and a guide of how to do it, just make sure you look around well and check reviews and feedback where ever your buying it from, best thing to do is get one that states plug and play. A lot of users will say stay away from Ebay but then I guess that's just from personal experience, just do your homework and you'll get the right one.

if you want a simple box then go for the v5s or v8s easy to set up like kerrison said the epg isn't that good but it works and you can record with a hdd plugged in but only what you watch.
The channels list and firmware can be found on here or just google ajsats channel list and skycc for firmware << done by usb
lines are simple to put in manually or by usb.

me personally I wouldn't buy plug and play as when you get them with a line it doesn't work after so long (not always the case)
plus its cheaper to buy separate.

Back