Newbie VM Box Zgemma H2H - Help!!

ak_710

I posted this in another thread but I thought this is probably the appropriate place.

First time member here and a noob!

I have both a Virgin broadband connection, and a Virgin TV connect (basic channels).

I am getting conflicting information on how to set this up.

My router, and TV connection are both in different rooms. Would that be a problem?
I have a powerline ethernet adaptor, can I use that instead of connecting the Zgemma box to the router directly via an ethernet cable?

Also, if I get a zgemma H2H box, will I need to buy the splitters and the other things considering I have both the TV and the broadband?

Also, I've read that the new Virgin Hub 3 can cause problems?

Sorry for all the questions, I do hope someone can help me!

Thanks!

I have a superhub 3 with no issues.

If you are replacing the official vm box with the zgemma then you do not need splitters, just unplug the cable feed from the official box and plug it into the zgemma and then using the powerline adaptors connect the zgemma to the router.

If you are thinking of getting an H2H then personally I would spend an extra £10 and get the H5.2tc, it's a newer box and has twin cable tuners so you can watch one channel while recording another, you won't be able to do this on a H2H.

I have a superhub 3 with no issues.

If you are replacing the official vm box with the zgemma then you do not need splitters, just unplug the cable feed from the official box and plug it into the zgemma and then using the powerline adaptors connect the zgemma to the router.

If you are thinking of getting an H2H then personally I would spend an extra £10 and get the H5.2tc, it's a newer box and has twin cable tuners so you can watch one channel while recording another, you won't be able to do this on a H2H.

Thank you very much! Okay, I will buy one of the boxes and then get ready to set it up!

Back