Newbie with few questions. B gentle

daveleach

Hi everyone,
what a great site, been lurking for a few days now.
my current sky subscription ends in 20th feb.
so need to plan for the future and to keep the mrs happy, need channels!
my plan is to purchase a skybox f3 or f5, to get the basic setup, and learn the ropes.
and then treat myself to a vu box, as from reading around these seem the best? Although I may be wrong.
and move the skybox to kids bedroom.
Now is this possible? Would I be able to buy a subscription for a multi room setup?
and could I be recommended one please?

many thanks in advance

yes all that is possible. when you sign upto your server they will normally charge a little extra for multi room. the vu range are the best boxes around. however, do some reading before you buy as the set up is a lot more involved than a skybox. however, once it is done you never have to touch the box again. have a word with satman about a server.

Right, change of plan.
am gonna straight in with a vu box.
I believe world of satellite is the place to purchase.
however there are 3 diff vu boxes on the home page alone!
i just want something similar to my old sly + box. Which I believe had a 500gb hdd had fitted.
if someone could advise me what vu box to buy preferably the £209 one, and which options to go for it would be much appreciated.

they said the same about July last year. the rumours have been going around fince the start .

Last edited:
Its all just rumours and happens every year but its about sly and their intention to change equipment to stop sharing. It seems to be a stronger rumour this year though!
I wouldnt worry too much about it, i intend to buy a vu at the end of this month.

Back