Newbie with kryptview needing advice

Muzzy1981

Hi Everyone, newbie on here just recently updated my kryptview firmware, up and runnind again after a week without virmin. I've just started reading about satelite installation etc. Wanting advice on which hd box is best in the UK with a budget of about £100. Can see alot of people have Blade, but also heard that dreambox is very good. I will, sometime very soon be needing advice on what cccam on cline is best and any suggestions on a good one. Choice is varied but really only need sly in uk.

Your help is much appreciated

Blades are good boxes if you can strech to about £150
You are best posting in the sat section if you want more info:)

my advice would be to save up more,twin tuner box with internal hdd and 7 day epg,1 suggestion do plenty of reading and an in depth search.

Thanks for your help guys, i've just been reading about the openbox s12, i only want a cheapish one to get used to the whole concept, whilst im learning about satellites etc. What do u think of the openbox s12 as a stepping stone for a year or so.

#For my euro, to buy a stop gap box is a false economy, yes you don't want to spend a fortune on a box that you can't use, but when you get into it and can't re-sell the stop gap, that is £100 you are down. buy the best you can afford, then look for help from the lads here, there is plenty of informed people around, so even if you were stupid, you could get a box set up.
Just my tuppence worth
Wheelo (y)

I agree with Wheelo wholeheartedly.... Cheap Boxes = cheap quality.

With all due respect, it never fails to amaze me why people spend £800 on an all singing all dancing Super Fandango Flat Screen HDTV then put a crappy £70 box on it.

You are going to spend up to 8 hours a day watching it... get a decent box, don't spoil the show for the last few quid.

The Openboxes are crap.
Dreambox HD's are ok but crash more, and require more technical knowhow.
Blades are dead easy to set up and use, and the picture quality is by far the best of any of the boxes... no really.

You noticed yourself that a lot of people have Blades.. there's a very good reason for that ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys been most helpful. I've decided to go with the blade after all the advice. Just ordered one through a friend. No doubt I'll be back on for more advice very very soon

Back