Hi all Ive just purchased a Zgemma h2s on its way this afternoon, I've purchased on behalf of my Mum who just want FTA channels and requires an EPG to record whole series links will this box fit my requirements or do i need to download software to achieve want i want my mother does not have internet so i want to be able to set this up then take to hers to install for her..
Cheers Windy

You wont have a epg if you dont have internet. These boxes require internet to get the full potential i understand you just want fta but am pretty the series link will require internet aswell.

Decided to keep Zgemma for myself alot better than skybox f5 will have to look into a freesat pvr or something similar for the Mother but the prices are crazy

Could you use powerline adapters to connect the box the net? Or does your mother have no internet? As you mention Youview boxes for freeview are ridiculous amd is probably cheaper to get a h2s and some cheap powerline adpaters.

She won't have Internet she just wants to record her soaps on series link via epg shes not interested in any sky channels etc just the normal terrestial ones I just thought a Zgemma with a usb attached would do the trick she has an aerial and a satellite connection at present she has a humax pvr to the aerial but it won't record anymore.

Maybe you could get her a zgemma h2s with a pay as you go mobile dongle, I've never set a box up with a dongle but I wouldn't think she would need to top it up that often.

Back