Nissan Micra 03 Boot won't unlock

madsam106

This model Micra uses electronic switch and the boot will not open. It's not the fuse, I checked tat. Any other ideas folks?

Thanks in advance

Sam

does that model have a pressure switch to open boot and can you hear any noise while pressing it,or can you hear or feel mechanism/solenoid opening/closing while unlocking/locking with fob.

Possible water ingress into the boot, don't have a micra but on my Pug hatchback there is asmall hole alongside the electronic lock of the boot lid that allows something to be inserted to open it, but you need to get access to the boot lock from the inside.

does that model have a pressure switch to open boot and can you hear any noise while pressing it,or can you hear or feel mechanism/solenoid opening/closing while unlocking/locking with fob.
Using the fob and or the pressure switch activates all the door locks except the boot

might be the solenoid/actuator on boot lock gone if no noise when locking/unlocking by key fob.if like car door lock its combined onto said lock as all in one unit when bought.

usually turns out to be wring loom at top of the boot hatch wiring snaps inside the joint rubber had same problem on a megane and with it being a nissan could be same fault. split the rubber and solder wires back together cover wires with amalgamating tape

just had same trouble with my renault turned out to be broken earth wire in rubber snake that feed loom into boot pull rubber snake from body work exposing wires pull each wire in turn till you find broken wire then re solder 

Back