No Auth box keeps showing on all channels.

Hi, newbie here, hope you can help me. I've done a number of searches on google this but can only find 2 posts on it which no-one has answered.

Right, so I bought a Openbox V8s about 6months ago whilst i still had Sky Q and decided i wouldn't renew my sky as never really watched it and would just use the V8s as a freesat box. Whilst I had my sky my dad then asked for the box and I gave it to him. Last month he gave it back saying that a "No Auth" message was showing on the channels. My sky now ended and i plugged it in and all channels are there but there is a black with red outline box with No Auth written on it. I think my dad had been messing about with software updates but no idea what he has done.

Ive gone to http://eopenbox.co.uk/firmware/ for the v8s and downloaded the firmware but when installing i get Software OEM ID mismatch.
Can't get rid of the No Auth black box but picture shows fine underneath it.
Anyone have any ideas what i need to do.
All i want to do is watch the freesat channels not interested in this IPTV etc just want to scan and watch the freesat.
Ive attached pics of whats showing and what the info says about the box.
Thanks
Jon

Attachments

• IMG_20180114_132058[1].jpg
    IMG_20180114_132058[1].jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20180114_132135[1].jpg
    IMG_20180114_132135[1].jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 49
When I used to flash my Openboxes, genuine and clone, I had to use an RS232 cable together with a Prolific PL2303 usb serial adapter. Any other method of connecting via usb never worked!

Ask the reaper, he’ll confirm what you need

Last edited:
Note---openbox will not work if using sky Q lnb.
If on normal lnb then first put your box back to factory setting.
Now disconnect all cables from box.
Ensure you have correct null modem cable/null modem + prolific usb.
Download and install the correct ali 3511 upgrade tool-----this is the correct one for V8s.
If your box is genuine then download last known working file from www.yojiatech.com
If box is clone then download from www.openbox.cm
Open upgrade tool--add firmware and connect, add power to box. Now follow instructions.
Reaper.

Last edited:
I redo open boxes v8s over here in Dublin you don't need a null cable .you download the new bin file from open box.can the load by USB when that is done you will see new IPTV app on box you will get a no with box you will need to buy software to get this no with off screen

If any one wants to send me their box I'll do it for free you just pay for return post .all I need is box don't need remote or any cables as I have them here

Hi pau55, does it matter if it is clone or not? Is the xtream app you talking about. I live in Dublin as well won't mind driving down with box. Thanks
I redo open boxes v8s over here in Dublin you don't need a null cable .you download the new bin file from open box.can the load by USB when that is done you will see new IPTV app on box you will get a no with box you will need to buy software to get this no with off screen

Back