1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No cable tuner signal

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H5.2S' started by gaelic-red, Jul 15, 2017.

1. gaelic-red

gaelic-red Member

Hi I've just installed wooshbuild on a zgemma h5.2tc . All went well except I don't have ( and don't know how to access ) any cable channels . I'm in Dublin and have fta Sat channels , when I go to menu / set up / service searching / signal finder tuner a is fine but b & c isn't showing any signal. The cable is working fine in the horizon box . Any advice would be great, cheers!

2. ste

ste Forum Supporter

Assuming the cable is inserted into the RF IN and you've put a line on the box and scanned, you should get channels.

Have you put your area ID in the tuners and selected your area in ABM and also changed providers V*rgin UK to YES?

3. gaelic-red

gaelic-red Member

Thanks for reply Ste, the cable is inserted properly into the rd in / loop out . When I do a scan in abm I'm getting a "tuning failed fatal " message .
    I don't have virgin UK on but I do have virgin ie and area is 42753 legacy
    The tuners are B: net I' d 42753 and provider is virgin media Ireland brute force , C: is different it's terrestrial provider - rep of Ireland, all regions(europe DVB-T/T2)
    I've changed from a zgemna 2 star s to this box so cable is new to me ! Cheers

4. ste

ste Forum Supporter

You are using an underground fibre cable and not the satellite cable?

You never mentioned if you sorted the set-up part in ABM too?

Do you have a line on the box also? ... don't think you get any channels at all without a line in Ireland.

5. gaelic-red

gaelic-red Member

I have Sat cable in A and fibre cable in B/C , in abm I don't have UK selected but I do have virgin IE , I don't have a line yet I thought the box would pick up channels and not show them like the way the Sat tuner would do ?

6. grog68

grog68 Forum Supporter

Tuner C should be set to the same as tuner B

7. gaelic-red

gaelic-red Member

Thanks grog I'll change that !

8. gaelic-red

gaelic-red Member

Ste , grog , thanks for your advice I went through the settings again for both abm and tuner config and I also got a test line , happy days now I have channels coming in !! BUT I have no hd channels with the cable tuners , I've tried different setups with abm but no joy and some channels whether sd or hd won't clear , any advice ! Cheers!

9. grog68

grog68 Forum Supporter

Can you upload screen shots of the ABM providers page ? rather than take pic with phone, in your browser you should be able to type http://zgemmah52tc and it will bring up web if on the box, down the left side you will see grab a screenshot link which will show an image of whatever is on the screen

10. gaelic-red

gaelic-red Member

here they are , abm1.jpg abm2.jpg

11. grog68

grog68 Forum Supporter

your settings look ok to me, not knowing the irish setup I don't know what channels you are meant to get sorry

12. Choppa

Choppa Member

13. gaelic-red

gaelic-red Member

Thanks ! In work at the mo I'll be trying that later .

14. grog68

grog68 Forum Supporter

Is that a definite as all the lists I've seen show

Dublin (Ireland) NTL 42753 363.000 6.887

15. gaelic-red

gaelic-red Member

42753 Dublin legacy found 762 video and 69 radio , the hd channel folder contains sky arts 1 & 2 hd , all channels folder has sd channels
    43217 Dublin upc found 805 video & 69 radio a lot of hd channels now !! & all channels folder starts with hd channels
    Thanks choppa

bangord30 likes this.
  16. Choppa

Choppa Member

Think that might have been in the past mate, hence "legacy" but 43217 is what was confirmed on WOS by the ABM developers

grog68 likes this.
  17. grog68

grog68 Forum Supporter

Thanks, have updated my netID map

18. Choppa

Choppa Member

bangord30 and grog68 like this.
  19. grog68

grog68 Forum Supporter

bangord30 likes this.