no force file missing in full image backup

Hi Guys,

Done a full backup last night with the intention of flashing another box however was unable to do so as the 'noforce' file wasn't in the zgemma foler. The force file was not there either.

Are these supposed to be on the backup as standard?

it's just an empty file used as a reference of how to flash. Create one in notepad. Copy one from another backup.

When you create a backup you should be creating your backup to USB for use on another box.
This will create 2 folders. One called zgemma. One as a dated folder. Either can be used as a backup for reflashing. Zgemma as is. Dated one just rename it to zgemma when you want to use it. I normally store the dated ones on my pc so I have a reference of the date it was created.

When you create a backup to usb you should get 4 files as default inside zgemma/sh1. If you haven;t you have done something wrong.

imageversion
kernel.bin
noforce
rootfs.bin

There is also a maximum file size of 128mb. So if your zgemma folder is over this size it will not flash another box. If so, time for a clearout of some crap like surplus plugins/skins etc.

Hi Guys,

Done a full backup last night with the intention of flashing another box however was unable to do so as the 'noforce' file wasn't in the zgemma foler. The force file was not there either.

Are these supposed to be on the backup as standard?

Yes, the noforce file is created as part of the complete backup procedure and lives inside the zgemma\h3 folder. You should end up with 4 files in that folder.

Personally I would rename the zgemma folder to zgemma-1 and then make another complete backup to see if you get the file a second time around. Yes you can simply create one but I wouldn't want to rely on it as a backup if it wasn't created fully in the first place.

---------- Post Merged at 12:38 PM ----------

Damn you typing so fast Kiddac !

Thanks Kiddac. I have both folders and what was in in was
image version
kernel
rootfs

No 'force/noforce' file is there for some weird reason. Can I just copy the force file from the Sucmnsee I flashed my box with initally and place it in my own zgemma backup folder

Back