No more Sky dish?

adrilang

Sky may soon be announcing that customers will be able to access all TV services via the internet, essentially getting rid of the dish

I’m surprised they’ve waited this long.

The potential bonus of this move is that IPTV is likely to continue for a long time yet :fuckyou:

Hopefully with the introduction of 5G the government will understand they have to invest more and push the ISPs to give better access and coverage.

This move by sky will likely cause a shift and essentially open doors for other providers to join the market, in doing so may force the ISPs to move a bit quicker

Time will tell

Haha completely agree. It’s a politics at the end of the day.

Hopefully change is coming

Or am I just being cynical haha

The package that is due for release states you have to have your broadband with them and tv package so it will not be available unless the speeds are up to running it,Been in the pipeline for 12 months,They can access customers who are not able to have sat dishes due to planning laws

It will be open to all broadband customers as it has been declared illegal to have a monopoly just for sky customers---this system will aid and abet us who use android etc for sports etc due to the fact that it is expensive for companies to supply so much online plus block individuals.We are at least 2 years away from the full technology [unless Rupie employs an alien with futuristic tech mind] ---also boxes now in pipeline with built in vpn---so wait and see what the future holds, could be interesting.
Reaper.

I still think the sat dish signal delivers a better quality that the broadband. there is a big difference if you compare same picture size from sat and a stream. suppose its like getting rid of Concorde before you had something which is better in place, before you get rid.

I still think the sat dish signal delivers a better quality that the broadband. there is a big difference if you compare same picture size from sat and a stream. suppose its like getting rid of Concorde before you had something which is better in place, before you get rid.
Must admit its probably 10-12 months since I got rid of CS but in my opinion IPTV has improved 100%. I think this is due to the market place becoming more competitive and the customer not being prepared to accept poor quality glitching/buffering. Faster broadband, better streams + providers, much improved hardware (faster android / mag boxes), software improvements i.e. stbemu, perfect player + vpn.
When I first got iptv I honestly thought it was crap compared to CS, now I think its brilliant, almost never buffers or glitches (took approx 5 suppliers) plus you have 3pm's and 1000's of channels +vod. Long may it continue.

I get 3pms, and loads of better stuff, in higher quality than iptv could ever deliver to me,
not everyone has 20+ speed on internet,
ok, so, 8 is fast enough for iptv, thats fine until someone else in the house wants to watch youtube, netflix, stream some music, download a large file etc,
I've still yet to be convinced, or see, any iptv stream in HD that comes close to sat proper HD

I get 3pms, and loads of better stuff, in higher quality than iptv could ever deliver to me,
not everyone has 20+ speed on internet,
ok, so, 8 is fast enough for iptv, thats fine until someone else in the house wants to watch youtube, netflix, stream some music, download a large file etc,
I've still yet to be convinced, or see, any iptv stream in HD that comes close to sat proper HD
Well in the absence of any evidence on either side, and you not knowing what quality I am watching and vice versa we will have to agree to disagree, lol. All I know is it passes the 'her in doors' test on the 50 inch Samsung, and thats the real 'quality control.'

It will be open to all broadband customers as it has been declared illegal to have a monopoly just for sky customers---this system will aid and abet us who use android etc for sports etc due to the fact that it is expensive for companies to supply so much online plus block individuals.We are at least 2 years away from the full technology [unless Rupie employs an alien with futuristic tech mind] ---also boxes now in pipeline with built in vpn---so wait and see what the future holds, could be interesting.
Reaper.
If that’s the case then how come bt tv is only available on bt infinity?

Well in the absence of any evidence on either side, and you not knowing what quality I am watching and vice versa we will have to agree to disagree, lol. All I know is it passes the 'her in doors' test on the 50 inch Samsung, and thats the real 'quality control.'
errrmmmm
loads of evidence that iptv is NOT in proper HD, never mind the streams that claim FHD
it just doesnt happen
keeping the missus happy is fine if thats your aim,
mine is a stable supply with proper HD where available, no messing with dropouts, glitching, vpns, or needing to rely on a fast internet connection for a proper HD viewing experience
iptv has a long way to go yet, and thats for legit services, other services have an even longer way to go imho

errrmmmm
loads of evidence that iptv is NOT in proper HD, never mind the streams that claim FHD
it just doesnt happen
keeping the missus happy is fine if thats your aim,
mine is a stable supply with proper HD where available, no messing with dropouts, glitching, vpns, or needing to rely on a fast internet connection for a proper HD viewing experience
iptv has a long way to go yet, and thats for legit services, other services have an even longer way to go imho
Didnt realise a satellite dish was such a 'phallic symbol' hope it makes you happy lol. (the end).

Didnt realise a satellite dish was such a 'phallic symbol' hope it makes you happy lol. (the end).
its none of the above
its just a way of getting 3pm KOs in 'proper' HD if thats what you want, I dont actually watch football
for any channels in proper HD iptv isnt going to do it, unless you pay a legit sub,
having a sat dish, and cable [if you can] is atm a sure fire way of getting what you want in HD,
having iptv is a last resort if non of the previous are available to you
if you cant get cable, or dont have a sat dish, then iptv is an acceptable secondary measure as long as you can accept a secondary standard service

Not saying how or what but I have almost perfect iptv, cable and multi-sat. My only complaint about the iptv is that I cannot change the audio to english when on foreign channels---on cable I have great reception but restricted by number of channels---on sat I get the channel choice and audio choice on many---keeps her.me and them happy.
Forgot to say--I get all this choice on one little black box and I love it.LOL
Reaper.

Not saying how or what but I have almost perfect iptv, cable and multi-sat. My only complaint about the iptv is that I cannot change the audio to english when on foreign channels---on cable I have great reception but restricted by number of channels---on sat I get the channel choice and audio choice on many---keeps her.me and them happy.
Reaper.
We know how its done col and like you say all done by a little super duper unit the price of a good night out with the wife :grin::grin::grin:

Reaper.
Thank God for a measured opinion. I am starting to think my eyes are deceiving me as I am sure I have HD on my IPTV as its the same quality as I get on my Netflix.

Back