No output from box at all! Any ideas?

I always set to 50hz, as most TVs will output this in the UK, not sure about France though.

Start with 50, then try 60 if 50 doesn't work.

Pleased webif worked.

Its a samsung tv from the uk though, thats the thing that baffles me? Do i leave automatic resolution on disabled then? and do i need to restart the box after?

I leave auto resolution off yes.

When you select a new screen resolution it should ask on the tv if you can see it. If you don't answer it will revert back to what it was before.

I don't know if you see this popup message in webif, but press the refresh button just in case i doesn't update the webif screen.

Have you tried anything else on the hdmi that comes from the tv to see if it works and if it does,i ask do you plug or unplug cables while units are powered on and if so could blow the hdmi port,in setup with wizard you have a choice of what to use hdmi,scart or others??

forgot to ask was there anything using that hdmi port? is it switched off so go into tv settings and check hdmi ports setup.

I leave auto resolution off yes.

When you select a new screen resolution it should ask on the tv if you can see it. If you don't answer it will revert back to what it was before.

I don't know if you see this popup message in webif, but press the refresh button just in case i doesn't update the webif screen.

Thanks for your help with this fella.

After all of this messing about its now looking like the TV could be knackered! They have a DVD player they sometimes plug in to watch old films so i got them to plug that into the mdmi cable and thats not getting a picture through also so it looks like the box is fine :(

The reason they needed a new box setting up was they had a bad electrical storm a few weeks ago and a power surge broke the box and the router too. Its now looking like it killed the tv also as they haven't used it since then. I think they just presumed it would work and the box was at fault! Nightmare pal.

I think they are going to have to buy a new TV. Thanks again with your input!

Have you tried anything else on the hdmi that comes from the tv to see if it works and if it does,i ask do you plug or unplug cables while units are powered on and if so could blow the hdmi port,in setup with wizard you have a choice of what to use hdmi,scart or others??

forgot to ask was there anything using that hdmi port? is it switched off so go into tv settings and check hdmi ports setup.

Its looking like it could be exactly that fella, they tried the DVD player and that wouldn't work so its looking like the tv pal. They had a big electrical storm which killed the old zgemma box and its looking like it killed the tv too! The are currently taking it off the wall and unplugging it all, leaving it for a bit and then plugging it all back in so I'm just waiting to see the outcome. Thats for your input with everything fella.

It wasn't just me mate, it was input from a few of us that got us to this point.

We never think the TV will be the reason something doesn't work.

It wasn't just me mate, it was input from a few of us that got us to this point.

We never think the TV will be the reason something doesn't work.

They just called me back and its 100% the TV! So a electrical storm surge has cost them a £900 Samsung TV, a router and a Zgemma box!!

Thanks to everyone who's helped me with this, i was tearing my hair out at one point ;)

Now the question is what are you going to do about it? yes power surges are real but i have mine protected by these.

sat cables,lan cables and power protection.

I had this very problem over here in the uk at a friends house they have a h2s zgemma it was an old samsung flatsceen tv. Plugged the box into the hdmi port on the tv got nothing, luckily i had some composite video leads with me the red, white and yellow ones i plugged them in the zgemma box then to the tv the display came on. Turned out that the tv only supported 25mhz frequency, the zgemma displays at 50 mhz and 60 mhz through the hdmi port. So at least you have a wrorkaround just depends on the tv in france what it supports if its secam instead of pal that will explain why theres no display.

hello, sorry for jumping on someone else thread, I seem to have the same issue but with a h2h, was working fine while watching f1 qual, and then decided to have a hissy fit (same as my 3 yr old) when I give the hdmi a bit of a wobble I would get a bit of sound but no pic, done the usual and swapped leads over etc, im just wondering if there is a known IOS that can utilize webif to see if I can check the settings on the box, thanks guys

can you get a picture on the TV from a different source?
TV aerial or even another HDMI input like game console etc?
if it's not the TV hdmi port, you could use AV leads from the Zgemma as it sounds like the hdmi port on the box may have failed

Try a different hdmi port on the tv

My h7 does this sometimes
It just kicks the output
Change the hdmi on the tv and away you go grand

Just stick your IP address in to the address bar in your internet browser

Try a different hdmi port on the tv

My h7 does this sometimes
It just kicks the output
Change the hdmi on the tv and away you go grand

Just stick your IP address in to the address bar in your internet browser
already tried that mate, I swapped the leads over between the box and the PS4 which displayed the PS, If there isn't an app ill have to take the TV off the wall to see if I have any none hdmi inputs I can try (hdmi ports are on side everything else is at back :@)

http://zgemmah2h

9 out of 10 times this will open webif in your browser for the H2H. You can then get screen shots of what your box is doing from there and use any menus as you would on your TV. I am not sure what you mean by app. Webif is the app you need as it is already running on your box and is browser based.

http://zgemmah2h

9 out of 10 times this will open webif in your browser for the H2H. You can then get screen shots of what your box is doing from there and use any menus as you would on your TV. I am not sure what you mean by app. Webif is the app you need as it is already running on your box and is browser based.

I meant an app for my IOS device as I don't have a laptop or anything at the moment, ill give it a go when I get home to see if will open on safari

Oh,
and don't plug/unplug HDMI leads ANYTHING with the box or TV powered on.

Last edited:
Back