No picture but sound?

channelking

So have noticed for few days on cable and even sat that randomly any channel freezes no picture moves, but you hear the audio. If I change the channel then change back then back to normal.

This has never happened before and really worried as to why this is happening often.

Could my box be faulty now or is there something else?

Cheers.

Ye tried that dont think port or HDMI lead is faulty. Could there be a problem with the box?

Never had this issue before, just seems to have cropped up a number of times now. Happening more frequently and have no clue why.

It might be your tv. I had to keep doing a full power off (hold power button down on remote until it restarted) to fix it. Happened a few times to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont know mate. Got me worried as cant afford a new TV or a box. So really really hope either one aint dying otherwise Im screwed.

If it is the tv it’ll probably be something that can be sorted yourself, have you checked the tv software is up to date? Sounds daft but that’s what I was told to try to rule that out by Sony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont know mate. Got me worried as cant afford a new TV or a box. So really really hope either one aint dying otherwise Im screwed.
It's not your TV, I've had this issue since the vm guys were at my local box a few days ago. Heard they were implementing disrupting mechanisms, we may be the lucky first few to experience it..

it happened to me also as if cam stopped but sound continued,cant remember what i did possibly reflashed box and setup from scratch in case of bugs in image,save line and cfg first to pc desktop.

Are you serious about these disrupting mechanisms? You sure not TV or box causing this?

First I heard about this.

Doesnt happen all the time but does happen frequently where picture freezes and all you hear is the sound.

it happened to me also as if cam stopped but sound continued,cant remember what i did possibly reflashed box and setup from scratch in case of bugs in image,save line and cfg first to pc desktop.

Ye thinking about that but so damn long since done a reflash. I know should be up to date lol.

Are you serious about these disrupting mechanisms? You sure not TV or box causing this?

First I heard about this.

Doesnt happen all the time but does happen frequently where picture freezes and all you hear is the sound.
Look at it statistically speaking, We're not both going to be experiencing the same issue.. Do we have the same brand / model tv ? same box ? same server ? Same AV system ? same signal strength ? unlikely.. defiantly see the vm tech guys at my local box for a while the other day. Who knows..

Possibly, the cab is on my road I think, but not seen an VM engineers there.

Who knows mate, just want this issue to stop as so frustrating its happening.

Not all the time mate.

But is happening more frequently and on random channels.

So when change to different channel then back again seems to be fine again.

Son had a similar fault on an old v8s box and took it to local pc repair shop and found it was the solder joints on the hdmi port inside the box etc when it was turned off for a few days it was ok but once the unit got upto operating temperature the picture would disappear but the sound was still playing

Back