No picture, weird problem

Janso

TK Veteran
Last night about 11:30 I'd say (may not be relevant) my box did something really weird. It wasn't a freeze, it was playing the channel I was watching, with sound, but it also had the channel I had previously on flickering through the picture, so they were both clearing on one channel at the same time. I rebooted because I thought it'd fix it.

I now can't get an HDMI output. I know the box is working because it responds to my remote and I can see what's going on on the picture but it won't pick it up on my TV.

I've swapped the HDMI lead for another, same problem. I haven't had chance to cart it round to someone else's house (only got the one tv at mine) to try it on another screen, is there anything worth trying out before I do that?

Try connecting to it via a browser if you know its ip address. Ull then be able to see the video output by first clicking to view full info (if u first are presented by a list of options) then click grab screenshot on left hand panel. From here ull see ur screen output in center of ur window. U can either use ur remote pointed at box to navigate the menus or use the onscreen remote to do same. From here navigate to menu/setup/video and then basic settings and see if changing output resolution to maybe 720p will maybe bring it back onto ur tv.

Example screen below.

83aac7f05324187808685ac0de93c502.jpg

5243fc0a827067197d2f5f5fcae6ac20.jpg

Sorted, ta. I’d got as far as connecting via openwebif to check it was actually working but I didn’t think to check the output resolution.

Weirdly it still works when I change it back to what it was. But at least I’ll know what to do if it happens again.

Back