No Picture

Bmmf40

I have a Zgemma H5 box and have had it working using a connection to Virgin but due to a useless EPG we hardly used it except for the odd MotoGP.

SO today I decided to bite the bullet and install wooshbuild on it. Following the guide on here I did it successfully and the box offered upgrades after each install until I ended up with Wooshbuild 7.

I cannot seem to find an idiots guide to setting up Virgin but I think I have the basics right. I have all the channels listed and the EPG shows the current programs. However when I select one to watch there is nothing there just a black screen, no preview either.

So am I doing something wrong somewhere?

Could my CAM have gone belly up? The website where I purchased the box and gift has been gone for a while and I think he was busted by TS. The box was working a few weeks ago?

Would I get all the program details but no picture if the CAM was no longer working??

Any help would be most gratefully received, I am not that savvy with this stuff!!

have you set abm up with your netid etc and then ran a scan?

you are probably better off asking for help in the wooshbuild support thread

Yes mate netid is your region code but as pabloescaban says you should have your line backed up or on email to reinter after you flashed your box ......

you should get a picture on 101 - 105 even without the cam running

Abm is Autobouquetsmaker and in the providers you need to set the NetID which is your regional code and then run a scan.

if you dont have a backup of your line, email your provider, they should be able to resend it to you.

I saved it from the USB stick before I flashed the box. It shows as being there and loads onto the box OK. If the person I purchased it from is no longer running the servers would that make the file useless?

I have made a little progress........

It seems I did not have the ABM installed, now it is I have additional folders in the Tv list for all the Virgin channels. One is FTA Channels and I can now view BBC1 to Channel 5. All the other folders like Virgin HD are full but I cannot view the channels?

if you bought the box and line a year ago then the line has expired as they only last 12 months, sometimes not even that if you buy from fleabay

Not a year old, however I purchased from a1msn and they are now a dissolved company since Dec'17.

Now that I can view FTA can I assume my line is kaput??

have you tried restarting the softcam in softcam panel?
it's a tall order because if they've gone, the line's probably gone too

Thank you all for your help............all up and running.

Missing abm was an issue, it is not obvious to us newbies that this needs to be downloaded and added.

Also the line has stopped working, a quick 24 hour test one has proved that as well.

Being cheeky, any chance someone can tell me how to add a channel to the favorite list?

All sorted now.......

I think not understanding the importance of the abm and what it does was a major issue. Looking in the standard parts of Wooshbuild 7 for the settings and answers kept me going around in circles. :oops:

Once the abm was downloaded and played with, it became more obvious what is needed to be done to get a box working correctly. :)

Grog build is aimed at cable users. That would of been easier to start with, but glad to hear you've sorted it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar problem here...installed wooshbuild today on my 5.2tc following the guide here

http://www.techkings.org/threads/my-h2-h-set-up-thread-using-wooshbuild.127252/

Transferred my newcamdlist file
Set my network Id.
Ran network scan on both B and C tuners (virmin) - took ages and 800+ channels found.
Checked signal - around 92%.
Deleted ABM and rescan (found 400+)
Restarted mgcam_1.38r1

And yet still won't display anything other than channels 1-5.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Back