no power on a vu + duo box

sofia12

Hi I've had a vu +duo box for 15 months now and its a genuine one.
I turned it on to find no power on it.. So o replaced the fuse on it and the power lead vt no luck.no lights on the front screen.
I then read it could be the psu which is a common fault in these boxs.
My friend has put the psu in and its still not working..its a new working psu too..
My friend has changed the fuse in the box but still no power.
Does anyone know what could be wrong with the boxor what should o be checking for next please.
Thanks for your help.

Its been checked with the pics...the psu is for both clone and genuine box..wont power up so cant tell what else to check. Thanks for quick reply

Last edited:
when my duo original failed it was a cap issue and red light and starting on front,local repair centre did mine but it cost me more.

I've got no light at all on mine.. He said everything else looks fine in it and the psu is tested to be working so not a faulty one..im in rhe Middlesbrough area and not sure where to take it for another check over..this box cost me £240 then.

was box flashed lately or did it get a power surge,was it bought of ebay which might be 1 year warranty,thed did say possibly 2 year manufactors warranty,did you buy off wos?

It was from ebay and the sellee was called vu plus.
No it wasnt flashed but it used to reboot itself before one day it had no pow in it...so the box has a 2 year manufacturer's guarantee then ??

originals do but clones wont.

some boxes only have 1 year so debateable what they say.

Last edited:
Yeh mines about 18 months old....what box is similar to this but not too expensive as my girl likes her recordings..cant find a repairer at the moment.... Thanks giy fir all your help..appreciate it x

where are you based,or have you asked on wos as many members there,rebooting sounds like a cap issue which local tv repair shop could check.

Hi im in Middlesbrough... Thers ni power in the box at all..the psu had been changed but still no power..wonder if thers any fuse on the board as the plugs fine too

---------- Post Merged at 09:58 PM ----------

Yes ill phone wos in the morning and see what they say... Good box to just leave laying about lol

I see you can get replacement PSU's on ebay is this a common problem and do they show any signs before dying like loosing channels.

Back