No satalite signal

Don’t really want to pay the £60 plus price tag for something I use as a backup

borrow a set of ladders mate,
might be worth investing in a cheap LNB to rule that out first, a single output LNB is only about 3 or 4£
if that doesnt give you a signal then you know its dish alignment issue, but worth it I'd say for 4 quid to eliminate the LNB first

then have a go m8, remember you need the azimuth to be correct, ie 28.2 e, the elevation for your area, there are tools online, that you can use, to determine these as they can differ, again lnb skew bears on elevation, the skew settings are 1-5 by turning lnb, helps reduce pixellation picture breakup & 'sparklies' arm youtself with the correct values for your area look at the youtube vids, try & get loan of sat meter, I know there are phone apps too, and off you go, didn't think it would be that dear, it will be a fairly quick job, best of luck hope it gets sorted for you m8

Don’t really want to pay the £60 plus price tag for something I use as a backup

tbh
that prob sounds about right, I'd guess prices in your area are similar to mine, I'm not a satellite installer, but my ladders dont come off my van for less than £60, no matter what its for

people think,
£60 for an hours work,
but its not that,
I got a van to pay for, diesel to drive to your house, a set of ladders that I bought [that you didnt] , the time it took me to drive to your house [and drive to my next job], insurance to pay for, tools to buy, etc etc etc
if you see where I'm going, that £60 is really for 2 hours, plus expenses, so its not the rip off it first appears,
but, if you have nothing to do for half a day over the holidays, and can borrow some ladders, its completely DIY-able

Out with the ladders today.
I’ve bought one of them satcom finders satcom sf10c
Plug it in lights up and gose onto number 1 no matter where I move this dish it don’t move up or down.
Unplug wire from dish needling goes to 0 and light goes off.
So what’s going on. I roughly lined it up with a phone app and looking at nighbours houses.

If you're getting no signal with the sat meter then it's likely you need a new lnb, you could test the sat meter on someone else's setup just to make sure.

If you're getting no signal with the sat meter then it's likely you need a new lnb, you could test the sat meter on someone else's setup just to make sure.
I have found a single lnb but it don’t fit on the dish correctly but I’ve got it working so proves lnb is faulty. Now need to find an lnb local today but don’t seem to be able to find them also worried there’s obviousky differnt sizes fittings for them to fit on dish

Out with the ladders today.
I’ve bought one of them satcom finders satcom sf10c
Plug it in lights up and gose onto number 1 no matter where I move this dish it don’t move up or down.
Unplug wire from dish needling goes to 0 and light goes off.
So what’s going on. I roughly lined it up with a phone app and looking at nighbours houses.
Is there no cable l.n.b tester built into the
meter

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Is there no cable l.n.b tester built into the
meter

Just a cheap meter that plugs into box then the other end fits into the lead from lnb. But found out it’s the lnb just can’t find one local today

Just a cheap meter that plugs into box then the other end fits into the lead from lnb. But found out it’s the lnb just can’t find one local today
Cheap enough and easy enough to fit

Any electrical hardware store will sell them asda even sell them I would go to every shop possible you can think of

Any electrical hardware store will sell them asda even sell them I would go to every shop possible you can think of
I’ve been on b and q website and also looked through screwfix nothing
I’m worried about the fittings mines the j4ls lnb I’ve no idea how old this is but the lnb I’ve found is from what looks like a sky dish but don’t fit the arm of my dish currently I have it wedged in and is working I know it will fall off and also need a 4 way lnb

I’ve been on b and q website and also looked through screwfix nothing
I’m worried about the fittings mines the j4ls lnb I’ve no idea how old this is but the lnb I’ve found is from what looks like a sky dish but don’t fit the arm of my dish currently I have it wedged in and is working I know it will fall off and also need a 4 way lnb
Try amazon

Just to be clear as sounds like there’s a little confusion I have a meter.
The issue is getting an lnb I was hoping to pick one up today locally
But looks like all I can do is buy from eBay or amazon there cheap enough just worried about the fitting as there seems to be 2 differnt arms on the dishes. I think it’s the mk4 lnb I need as this is the looks to match mine from the picture.

some older sky LNBs were an oval shape, rather than round,
also, sky LNBs are slightly smaller than normal LNBs
wjat area are you in,?
may be a member nearby has a spare LNB they would be willing to part with,
I actually gave a couple away not long ago

some older sky LNBs were an oval shape, rather than round,
also, sky LNBs are slightly smaller than normal LNBs
wjat area are you in,?
may be a member nearby has a spare LNB they would be willing to part with,
I actually gave a couple away not long ago
I’m in washington Tyne and Wear
The lnb I’ve took off is a j4ls if that means anything and the white part on the front of the lnb is oval dose that mean I need to find an oval one

No you don't need to find an oval lnb, just one with the right fitting, take the old fitting & lnb to an elecrical supplier & see if you can get the right one. This seller on ebay might have old fittings, you could email him and ask for advice, (a photo and measurements of the dish arm might help).

Last edited:
I’m in washington Tyne and Wear
The lnb I’ve took off is a j4ls if that means anything and the white part on the front of the lnb is oval dose that mean I need to find an oval one
is the neck oval,?
I gave one of those away a while back,
it would probably be more prudent to get a new holder and a standard 40mm LNB tbh
you could probably get the lot for about 6£, a standard single port LNB is only a couple of quid

Back