No Signal issue

I have had an F5 box for a few years now but a friend set it up. I don't know how they do it or what you do to get it all working but recently they were no longer able to update the box and so just last month the only things left where the freeview channels, which was fine because there might be a chance someone else could set everything up and they did but within a week of the new box arriving we are getting No Signal! on every channel including the freeview ones. This box was brand new and sealed but obviously that doesn't mean something can't go wrong with it. They have taken that box away to look at it, meanwhile I plugged in the previous F5 box and the same thing is happening there.

I do think it's weird that both boxes are now giving this screen. I've checked the cabling and the cabling seems to be fine. The dish we have is a communial dish so it's shared between properties. I've also noticed people on Ebay selling a No Signal! fix which seems to be a screw, or it looks like the screw that fits on the satelite cable.

Can any of you tell me what you think the issue might be? Does this thing on Ebay really fix the issue? Is it something to do with the cabling? Is it something to do with the dish? Or is it just bad luck and within a few weeks both boxes have something wrong with them.

I would like to get it back up and working again, even if it was just the free to view channels that were available. We recently had VM installed in our area but they are just as expensive as Sly. What do you all think I should do? Can it be fixed?

Back