No signal on TV using HDMI with openbox.

flutered

i was using a usb stick on the back of my openbox s10, i removed the hdmi cable instead of the usb stick, now i am getting a no signal on the tv, i have tried re booting, replaceing the cable to no advail, please help.

Have you tried changing the input settings on the tv back to hdmi, it might have defaulted to scart when you unplugged your box.

Make sure the TV is set to HDMI rather than RGB/component/av1 etc, you usual change this by pressing either source or input on your TV remote.

Have you tried changing the input settings on the tv back to hdmi, it might have defaulted to scart when you unplugged your box.

Make sure the TV is set to HDMI rather than RGB/component/av1 etc, you usual change this by pressing either source or input on your TV remote.
the tv is showing hdmi 3 as it was always.

I know this sounds silly but have you tried turning the TV off from the mains, then putting the cable in and turning the TV on?

no joy guys, i am going to try a different tv.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

the other tv is not showing any signal, os its either the hdmi cable or the box.

Looks like you will have to plug in a scart lead (if there is one) then in the menu/tv settings on the box change it back to hdmi.

it has to be the feed from the lnb, the bush freesat hd box is not giving a signal, also the edison argus does not work either,

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

no sat feed in another room, i dunno which lnb it is as i have 3 feeding a 90 cm dish, also a 80 cm disn with 2 feeds from it, i suspect it is this one, thankfully it is not so high, but i need a victim (sorry volunteer ) so i need to wait until one arrives.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

i have had the lnb changed, it worked for about 1 minute when it blew the lnb, it looks like a prob with the reciever, any ideas folks.

it has to be the feed from the lnb, the bush freesat hd box is not giving a signal, also the edison argus does not work either,

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

no sat feed in another room, i dunno which lnb it is as i have 3 feeding a 90 cm dish, also a 80 cm disn with 2 feeds from it, i suspect it is this one, thankfully it is not so high, but i need a victim (sorry volunteer ) so i need to wait until one arrives.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

i have had the lnb changed, it worked for about 1 minute when it blew the lnb, it looks like a prob with the reciever, any ideas folks.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I now think you were referring to "no signal" as you are not being able to view any channels due to a fault in your satellite setup?

Or were you having trouble trying to connect your openbox to your TV through HDMI to get any picture at all?

That's what had me confused......

If you read your first post back the issue has changed :whacko:

i had a picture up until this afternoon, i pulled out the hdmi cable instead of the usb key, shortly i got a sign on the tv saying no signal, i the tried 2 different boxes to no avail, i also tried them in another room, both feeds were from a twin lnb,
i got the lnb replaced, this went after about a minute, one thing i had noticed was that the box could not be shut down with the remote, as soon as it shut down it immediatly rebooted, also if one rebooted after adding a cline the settings for sat recebtion had to be re set, ie the ports shut, in explation i have 4 lns going into a box for different feeds, hopefully this may give you guys some inkling, i cannot think of some of the proper names of the hardware used thank to medication, i am after a few hours bed rest so hopefully i can field your questions.

hi i had the same problem box rebooted then came up with no signal at the back there is the video and audio jacks plug them into a tv you will get a picture through that then reset your video resolution then put back on hdmi.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

hi sorry just reread the post and i think im on the wrong path.

Hello

I have similar problem with my Openbox s10 HD receiver.
Before 10 days i put usb to update c lines and after that I lose signal od HDMI output.
After that I turn of the receiver and next morning when i trun on and next 5-6 days I have picture on HDMI output.

The past few days I again have not picture on HDMI output until last time (tonight) when turn on receiver and get picture.

!!! I rarely have picture on HDMI - I think that is the problem with the hardware and it is question to time when HDMI will stop completly bit I don't know.
Regarding the problem I check all solution - reflash the firmware few times, check on other TV, check with other HDMI cable but nothing.

Please help how to resolve the problem - as I can read there is a lot of people which have not HDMI output and it is that BUT AS I MENTION I HAVE HDMI PICTURE RARELY - today I have but tomorrow or next few days i have not and after that again i get picture (really strange)

Thank You in advance.

regards

Last edited:
i contacted the supplier, they told me to google it as there is an answer on the forums, some after sales service

Hi,I have experience with X3 box.If its a box problem make sure you have disabled disec in settings this can inpact on the HDMI output if connected in wrong order.Otherwise reflash box.

The diseq is ok and I already two times reflashed box with two diferent firwares but it not resolve the problem.
It is obviously problem with HDMI syncronizer-controller and it is that.

thank You for the help

regards

Back