No sound on channels?

Welshred

Hi

I am asking on behalf of my brother, his first 5 or so channels (freeview) has lost sound - all the other channels are fine.

I have done the most obvious of tasks and said to do a restart, then restart the gift and now it still is the same - has any one had this issue and if so - what was the outcome?

Try selecting a different audio channel, its possible that his TV does not support the audio stream currently selected on those channels.

How do I do that? Lol

Look at the remote - button directly above the UP arrow cunningly labelled 'Audio' :) (one of the coloured buttons does this too - I think it's the yellow one but not in front of remote at the moment so cant verify that).

I get the same issue if watching over hdmi connected directly to my TV - My TV does not support 5.1 so any DD or DTS audio will not play, switching the audio channel to one of the others (There are usually multiple audio tracks, 5.1 if available, stereo and one other that describes what's going on in the background too).

Last edited:
In my Zgemma H.2H with Openatv 6.2 & Wooshbuild Infinity most Freeview channels have no sound, but with Openatv 6.3 all channels have sound. However 6.3 is still public beta and 6.2 is considered more stable. I use 6.2 for my H.2S but 6.3 seems better for my H.2H as it resolves the Freeview sound issue.

Last edited:
Back