No TV Signal But Internet OK ***SOLVED***

***Turned out to be a frequency change in the area. ABM was updated by the team and now all channels back***

So this is a strange one
Yesterday my TV died and i noticed i was getting no signal.
Strange thing is, my internet is absolutely fine

I have a splitter so i thought maybe it was that so i removed the splitter and ran the the cable directly from the wall mounted box directly into my Vu and still no signal
Take the same cable and run it into my virgin router and internet is fine

Have 2 boxes, Vu Solo and Gigablue X3 both running Vix 5.1.006
Both share the same problem

Can Virmin detect you are running extra devices and block them off??
Can be the only explanation

Last edited:
Could be one of your boxes is jamming up your internet. Turn one of them off at the mains and see if it helps. Repeat with the other one.

it never ceases to amaze me how many people say that VM are blocking their box - they've never done it yet but there's always a first time.
On a more serious note, it could be that the tuner has failed but not on two boxes at the same time, which means you'll have to go through a few things and see what's happening.
Do you have an active line?
can you get 1 -5?
have you run a scan and got the correct netid?

Net ID is correct
Cant get any channels , not even 1-5 as there is no signal coming through at all.
As i said though, my line is active as my fibre internet is absolutely fine

You have not said what location you are in as netid could have moved or changed providers?

Oxford 00020

Last edited by a moderator:
Net ID is correct
Cant get any channels , not even 1-5 as there is no signal coming through at all.

I don't mean that line, I mean the line from your provider, CWS line or C line etc

There is a signal coming through the cable if you are getting broadband through it - they can't turn one off and leave the other, this is impossible otherwise 3/4 of people on here would have no TV

You said in another thread that your cable is split three ways, have you tried a powered splitter or a new 3 way good quality splitter?

so you rechecked your vm box and its correct?
Oxford 1 NTL 00020 578.250 6.887
Oxford 2 NTL 00020 818.250 6.887
Oxford 3 NTL 00013 803.000 6.887

Did anyone read my original post lol

Disregard my splitter for a moment - for testing purposes i removed that and ran the cable solely from the wall box directly into the VU and no signal
Unplug that from the VU and connect it to my hub and internet is absolutely fine so line is active

I have an active line from a provider

Did anyone read my original post lol

Disregard my splitter for a moment - for testing purposes i removed that and ran the cable solely from the wall box directly into the VU and no signal
Unplug that from the VU and connect it to my hub and internet is absolutely fine so line is active

I have an active line from a provider

Yes, read your original post and you mentioned the problem you were having and came up with the conclusion that VM were somehow blocking the box.
I said this isn't possible, which means something else is happening
@paul1952 is on the same netid and he has also lost all VM channels but on a different box...maybe you should both try different netid's as VM could have changed them and not told anyone

Net ID is correct
Have you or a local friend got a working vm box to get info off it?

Back