No Update or Plugins VIX

scoob197

TK Veteran
Running Xtrend with VIX image

I cant update or install any plugins does anyone know why or how to fix please?

If I try to update I get and error saying that a background update is in progress (or similar message)
If I try to install a plugin, after hitting download the screen where the plugins usually display is blank

I have tried a restart to no avail

I updated successfully only about 3 weeks ago

Thanks

Last edited:
If your box is updating in the background you will just have to leave it till its done, some updates are large and can take sometime depending on the Vix servers and how busy they are, I once had a update take over an hour. Or you can unplug your box wait 5 mins and then try again. As for the plugins, sometimes the menu can take a few minutes to appear, just it a moment as it needs to connect to the Vix server and obtain whats there to download.

its been like this for a few days now and I've tried reseting the box about 3 times now lol
also waited for the plugins for about an hour just in case the servers where running slow for any reason

I must add that ive not tried to unplug the box and wait thenm plug back in, il try that when i get home

you have to check wos every now and again to see whats the story,server did go red a day or so ago and no one could download,also if they find a bug in old image you may have to manual flash as said online could be corrupted.you never said what version lol

Vix 3.2 build 14

I did go on the wos forum but didn't see anything about plugins being down or anything. Probably didn't check in the right sections of the forums

scroll down to the feeds status symbol if red dont reflash ,if green working its like traffic light .they got fed up with people asking are feeds down,think 14 had a bug for picons causing issues so one starts from start again having remembered to stick files back on pc first to send back after.

support update stable = green
I still get errors
Can I just go back to the last backup then update?

cheers

Last edited:
it seems plugins are down on vix3.2 its the same for the zgemma section i downgraded to hades 081 and thats fine yours is a supported box so you will be able to downgrade to what you want

yes just try the the one below 3.2 just try download plugins page before setting line, abm etc if that doesn't work try the next one down

vix is still down even the plugins 3.2005 i may try 3.2015 later

Code:
www.openvix.co.uk

Last edited:
Just found this info on world of satellite
how do I code external links on mobile view

All OpenViX users, please note that the current feeds issue is becuase Ocrams picons feeds are down. This is causing an error with our feeds.

Either wait for it to come back online or FTP to etc/opkg, delete the ocam conf file.

Build 015 has the Ocram feeds removed, so this won't happen again.

To upgrade to build 015, again either wait for this to correct itself or FTP to etc/opkg, delete the ocam conf file.

Working now aswell, just do as dsayers highlighted about FTP to etc/opkg folder and delete ocam conf file and restart the box

Thanks to dayers20014 and all that helped sort this problem

its as above but for clarity the file you need to remove is ocram-feed.conf

:yes!:

ps just because a picons feed is down it disables updates, I hope they sort this out

Last edited:
Back