noob advice, is 2 clines possible?

robbo87

Hi guys,

I've just got an openbox v8s which came ready to go and it's working fine, but it doesn't have adults channels and few others, I'm a bit new to all of this but I'm assuming that first of all I need to update the channel list and at that point only the channels that are currently working will work due to my provider..

Is it possible to have 2 clines running alongside each other? so to have a back up so to speak and then one for the channels that are currently scrambled. or would i be better of just getting another provider altogether with all the channels I want and deleting my existing one?

sorry if that is a ridiculous question but I am a bit new to all of this.

yes it is possible to run 2 clines together but i would update the channel list 1st as some channels lists dont have adult content in them

Thanks for the response, So If I delete my existing channels and then update with a recent tp_prog the ones that currently work will still work and then if I get details from another provider I can add the details to my settings in the form of a second c line?

I've not done too much messing about with clines but is this something that can be done via usb? or can I just physically type details onto a settings screen?

A new channel list overwrites the old one, delete old one before loading new one that way you know the update has worked. Cwaite does adult and non-adult lists and is sky number ordered.

What "few others" are missing as well ?

I've updated the channel list and used a test line first and everything works fine now. also seems to be a lot smoother. There was only a few of the more obscure channels missing.

when buying a line try and find out the channel list before buying.. Like anyone.. We want all the channels with the best service and technical help if we need it. Also there are many users on here that can help you get a good reliable and stable line.. Most stand by getting a N/line.. At the moment for the next few days I'm using a Openbox V8S with CCcam line it's glitched at times but its been fine most of the time.. Only thing with the Openbox, Skyboxes are that Sky move channels to different frequencies so you either get a scrambled channel or a black screen with nothing on.. I've lost all BT sport HD.

Back