Noob question about the different zgemma

99walkers

I have the zgemma star s but all the builds I see for wooshbuild is for the different versions of box.

Am I okay in following the instructions the same.

I have no experience in installing these builds as I was previously on a sky line with a build already programmed in. But as I have posted in another thread, which now I think I've posted it in the wrong section .

I'm after a virgin media build that's has kids and HD sports channels (UK) and reliable, nice TV guide etc.

Many thanks

The zgemma star s is the very first zgemma box air digital introduced, because of its poorly low specifications, some people even myself don't bother with them cause they just cause more hassle in the future.

If you are heading for a new box i would say get the zgemma H3.2TC or the before version the H.2H if your not bothered about recording. Wooshbuild is a prebuilt flash so it will have the virgin layout and all that. You will be able to have virgin if you have it in your house. Also, the sly sports hd got knocked off vm so, at the moment you only get news and mix in hd.

Thanks guys. I was looking at the nvidia shield tv but Im not sure there worth the extra coin. All I want is something as close to the VM layout as possible.

I'll look into the new boxes, would I need any adopters or will it run VM straight from the box

Thanks guys. I was looking at the nvidia shield tv but Im not sure there worth the extra coin. All I want is something as close to the VM layout as possible.

I'll look into the new boxes, would I need any adopters or will it run VM straight from the box
Run the virgin wire straight into the back of the box mate, thats it lol

Just like my old sky one. Was reading somewhere that you need these adopters.

When you say wire. You do mean just the ether net cable as VM doesn't need a outside aerial as they run underground I believe.

Might go for the h. 2h as that seems to be popular so I'll have good support when I mess up lol

What are you running caturent

Cool. Just a bit worried now as the VM man said I don't need a aerial because all there cables are underground. I only have a ethernet cable from my router, but this sky one has both ethernet and a wire to the aerial

https://www.zgemma.co.uk/Sat-Cable-Terrestrial?product_id=60

This the one guys? Thinking is best to order from the official website unless someone else has these that's reliable

Last edited by a moderator:
It's down to personal choice really.I've got a vu+duo2 and an ultimo 4k but have I used the 4k,not really as not much to watch in 4k at the moment.I also prefer an internal hard drive to usb drives but again,personal choice.The Zgemma H2H or up from that a H7s is a good box for the money and will have good support now and for the future ..I know wooshman does a build for them which is popular.Take a look in the zgemma forum and see what people recommend and decide which one you like.If you take a look in the downloads you will see which builds are available for each box.

The H2H is an older box now and the H3.2tc is the same box with extra tuner, for the extra £15 you would be better with the H5.2tc, its a better spec box than the H2H/H3. You can get the H5.2tc for £65 flashed to look like virgin.

4K boxes are all a decent spec, more powerful than the above but remember there are no 4K channels on virgin, and if they do start broadcasting in 4k then they're unlikely to be available on card sharing boxes.

Coming into your router is a virmin cable, you need to split this, so it goes to your router and your cable box. It's not a big job.

Cheers for the info guys. I'll take a look at the weekend before ordering. Just want something easy to operate so my lad can pick up the remote and find kids without having any problems.

Cheers for the info guys. I'll take a look at the weekend before ordering. Just want something easy to operate so my lad can pick up the remote and find kids without having any problems.

Just to verify, do you definately have a live Virgin cable coming into your house?

Ye 100% only just moving in you see. But before I moved I got VM to install one of there routers.

that's fine, make sure you don't buy duff cables and splitters- ebay's full of them.
you need either Tratec or Technetix splitter, failing that, a Labgear one from screwfix.
proper quality cables too.
Don't forget you'll need an F connector to go on the end of the cable and into the Zgemma

On the first connector, is is both of them as one goes into the other doesn't it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180417-164609.png
    Screenshot_20180417-164609.png
    789.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20180417-164704.png
    Screenshot_20180417-164704.png
    778.1 KB · Views: 8
on the first pic, it's the top one you need, not the one with thread at both ends.
the threaded part goes onto the vm cable and the other end just pushes into the ZG box
the splitter is the correct one for cable tv

Back