Noobie with blinking red blade 7000

alag

Hi Guys,
I have a blade 7000 HD which was working on thursday and then suddenly started showing blinking red light.

I have found another post here on this site which advised to get the box into engineer mode and reflash the firmware but my trouble is that it never gets into engineer mode. Can someone help?

Here is what I have done.
1. Connect the box to TV via HDMI.
2. Remove Ethernet and Coax.
3. Replace a new USB disk / formatted old disk with latest firmware plugged at the back.
4. With the box off - press and hold the center button upwards [this is where it says menu]. I have also tried to press this whole button.

I tried holding them for a few minutes but nothing ever came up on TV. Can someone pleasseeeeee helpp as I am a desperate noob.

Turn the box on again while holding the menu button, and release the menu button when the blue loader screen comes on.

I've now got the same problem, how long do you need to hold the menu button for. I've been holding it for around 30 seconds and no blue screen appears?

Cheers Bobby, already looked here and followed the guide, nothing happens when I hold down the menu button and power it back on, I've kept it pressed for over a minute and nothing. I've unplugged it from the mains and will leave it for a while and then try again as I've seen Hi-Teck recommend that to someone else.

I don't see how I can flash the box as I can't get in to any menus? Holding down the menu while turning it on doesn't seem to be working.

you can flash it with with null modem cable
Firmware Uploader to upgrade your s/w on the set top box via COM/RS232 Port. This software also allows you to add your channel data file (.cndf) to the box as well. Windows Only.

Attachments

• STBTool.rar
    162.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Cheer Bobby, I'd already thought about that as I have a null modem cable but no longer a PC with a serial port. Just tried getting in to service menu again but still no joy, the menu button also functions as the select button when you hold it down, do you know if this button should be held up or down?

Tried STB tools today with null modem cable on windows XP and it just kept trying to find the blade scanning through the comm ports so I'm guessing the box is goosed. Have contacted the seller I bought it off but they haven't got back to me yet.

I got a spare PSU and it fixed the Red Dot problem that the other fix didn't sort on a box, so a bad PSU can cause the problem .

The above is a quote from another forum, from a guy lincsat who i know is well versed in this sort of stuff. P s u, is power supply unit. A bit of research in that direction might help mate.

Cheers Bilbo, I've sent it back to the seller I bought it off so hopefully they'll repair/replace under warranty as I've had it 6 months. Out of curiosity how much was the PSU?

Cheers Bilbo, I've sent it back to the seller I bought it off so hopefully they'll repair/replace under warranty as I've had it 6 months. Out of curiosity how much was the PSU?

It wasnt me who got the psu mate, it was the guy lincsat. I just quoted the post he made on another forum, so dont know the cost.

Hi all, I have the same problem I have just received a brand new box and have a red flashing dot with the blur clock flashing in the background, going to try the menu reset method now see if it works :>)

Thanks for fast reply. Well i got the menu up by holding the menu button on the front etc and managed to re flash the firmware all went well and the box loaded up with the free view channels working. I have just turned it off and on again and ..... red flashing dot again ! weird lol. Is it worth trying the com port / sbtool method just saves all the hassle of arranging a collection and replacement etc if i can get it to work. bit bad that it was sent to me like this in the first place realy.
Regards
J

I dont know about the com tool mate, maybe someone else on here might help. I f the reset method dosnt work, apparently there can be a problem with the P S U. That is the power supply unit in the receiver and you should return the receiver to the supplier. Bad luck mate, as the blade is a great receiver, hope you get it sorted.

Back