Not able to get ip address on the H.2H

Not able to get ip address on the H.2H (FIXED)

Hello guys im going crazy and need your help,
I have tried 2 different leads, Turned off the router and back on, re flashed the box and still can not get the ip address its like its not connected at all when i use the same cable and try it with my Now TV box it works fine.
I also took the box to a friends house and was unable to get the ip there as well and he is on a completely different network and router than what i have.
Also some thing i notice when i unplugged the box i got a small shock when i touched the pins of the plug this happened twice once at mine and when i unplugged it at my friends not sure if this has any thing to do with it.

Please help.

**EDIT WITH FIX**

Ok in case this happens to somenone else all it was is this,
Goto setup>system>network>device setup>adapter settings
Then scroll onto use interface change to yes then use DHCP pops up change that to yes.
The thing is you don't see the "use DHCP" option till you change the interface option to yes and to be fair they don't look like options you can change.

Last edited:
The only time I have seen a box not show an IP has been when the eithernet socket has been bad, I know of 3 boxes out of hundreds that have done this so its not a common fault but can happen, not saying this is the case for you but IF you have no IP I'd look to sending the box back for exchange

Thank you BeakyFord yes it must be the box as tried 2 different cables which both have worked when used with another device then also trying it at a friends house with yet another cable and a completely different router and internet provider, The problem all points down to the box.

So unless any one else has fixed the problem before i think it must be the box.

Ive handled hundreds of these boxes only two were DOA, both were no IP issues & were sent back, the 3rd was someone on here, it is a rare fault

Last edited:
I did it! Didnt know there was another network option in settings

Ok in case this happens to somenone else all it was is this,
Goto setup>system>network>device setup>adapter settings
Then scroll onto use interface change to yes then use DHCP pops up change that to yes.
The thing is you don't see the "use DHCP" option till you change the interface option to yes and to be fair they don't look like options you can change.

Going to edit first post to include the fix.

Back