Not all channels working

ZGemmaboy

Hi Folks. First timer here. I have recently bought a ZGemma H2S which was pre-programmed 'by a mate'. I have the Sky channels working along with the FTA but I can't seem to get a lot of the channels working (BT Sports, Discovery etc.). I have only 1 Sat cable into it but don't need to record so didn't think this would be an issue. Any tips? TIA....

Thanks BG. I have this new box on trial but the guy I got it off hasn't been too helpful and I started to feel a bit of an idiot (some of the problems I had were my own fault, cable connection in the wrong place etc...). I'll try texting him again tonight and see if he has any suggestions but just thought I'd ask here in case someone had advise that I needed to do something else (re-position sat dish, install a second cable etc.). Thanks again for your quick response, much appreciated.

Ask him for your money back, Did he not explain to you that you could only get FTA channels, plus maybe 10 encryptic ones at the most on a satellite box ??

Last edited:
Thanks Guys. Box is 340 with all channels working, was recommended by a mate who has the same box with all the channels. I think it probably should work only I'm doing something wrong or maybe the dish is pointing the wrong way, something with the set-up rather than at his end. I just wanted to check if anyone else had this problem and were able to fix it before I organise someone to call and they may have to re-align the dish etc...

£340 !!!!! Wtf give it straight back to him. Buy one on eBay for £60 odd or the zgemma website and add an IPTV sub to it for 50-70 and you're sorted.

Provided you have reasonable internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, it is expensive alright but it would be worth that to me to have all the channels and not worry about any bills. The difficulty I have is that I'm a techno imbecile and just don's understand what to do. I'd love to be able to just buy a box for 60 and pay the subs but trying to understand what's the best box to get or what s/w to use, how to load it up, who can you trust for subs etc. all drives me nuts so if I could just pay to get it all then I would be glad to do it. I'll try contacting this guy again this evening and see if he can help but at this stage I think I'll have to send it back and go with the Sky option (insanely expensive). Thanks again for your time, any other suggestions/ comments much appreciated.

No need to Return to SLY, you have plenty of support on here and any questions etc you have, ASK and most will be fine and help you out.
Speak to guy who sold you box, get him involved and get some support. For the amount of money you have spent, you have paid for support..
Anything else, PM me or post here with your Questions...

i suggest you read the forum you have just joined,
it's not rocket science to understand m8.
If you have paid £340 quid for that box, and it's not working then, i would expect them to help you fix it as soon as possible, considering thats Soo expensive.
and as others have said if iptv was not installed or intructions were not given for you to install then your box is useless,without a sub

Are you saying you are getting bt sports and discovery or not? if you are then unfortunately you are getting all that is available.

How recently did you buy the box, to be honest if it was a couple of months ago then the seller may well have done nothing wrong, apart for over charging you big time, as all the channels may have been available at point of sale.

If you have cable in your house then get yourself a cable box, if not then look at IPTV.

Are you saying you are getting bt sports and discovery or not? if you are then unfortunately you are getting all that is available.

How recently did you buy the box, to be honest if it was a couple of months ago then the seller may well have done nothing wrong, apart for over charging you big time, as all the channels may have been available at point of sale.

If you have cable in your house then get yourself a cable box, if not then look at IPTV.
Thanks - I have the SLY channels and the FTA but no BT or Discovery. Got the box last Fri. I have cable and good Broadband but don't know what cable box to get or what to do with it when I get it.

No need to Return to SLY, you have plenty of support on here and any questions etc you have, ASK and most will be fine and help you out.
Speak to guy who sold you box, get him involved and get some support. For the amount of money you have spent, you have paid for support..
Anything else, PM me or post here with your Questions...
Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

Thanks - I have the SLY channels and the FTA but no BT or Discovery. Got the box last Fri. I have cable and good Broadband but don't know what cable box to get or what to do with it when I get it.
If you're not getting the BT or discovery channels but you are getting FTA channels then that would suggest the line/gift is not working, a number of providers have actually shut their servers down now as there are not many channels available, which could be why your seller is not being the most helpful.
As Mbull has said, hassle the seller and ask for answers, for that price I would at least expect IPTV installed but to be honest if he's charging that price knowing that most of the Sly channels have gone I would not be surprised if not.

£340!!! Like everyone else has said, send it back and get a refund. If you need any help with what box to buy or how to set it up just ask. If you want to PM me, I will recommend you to my IPTV provider and you will get all sly channels at a fraction of the cost you have paid for that box. Cheeky bas*ards some people, thinking they can just rip you off.......welcome to the forum anyway, hope you get sorted!

Hia are you sure that you have a h2s and not the h2h because sly haven't been available for quite a some time on h2s

Hi again guys. Thank you all for your help on this. From the suggestions above, I contacted the supplier again and he advised using the blue button on the remote and selecting 'Fix Issues'. Who knew there was such a great button, could I get one for the wife??? This seemed to sort it out, no idea why or how. I now have all channels working ok. He also dropped the price to €300 (@ £265) for the box and a 12 month sub. I know you all think that is very expensive but I'm kinda happy enough to pay that if it works ok for the 12 months. Just wanted to let you know how it went and thanks again for all your help. I know where to go the next time I have any questions. Cheers.

Back