Not booting from usb, trying to flash

Jargonaut

Hi, I have a problem with my zgemma star 2s, it's repeatedly rebooting after reporting a "software problem" so I've downloaded the sucmnsee 165 vix image to reflash it. I've copied the zgemma folder from the download onto 3 different usb sticks, powered off, plugged stick into box, power on but it just boots as normal to the error. Am I doing something wrong or is there some other problem?

Do a full low level format using hdd guru then quick format stick fat32 and try again. I had the same problem and this worked.

Thanks for the suggestion spanner. I've just tried that using hdd guru low level format tool on an 8gb stick but no joy. Trying the same thing with another stick now.

It's the MBR and boot flag that gets corrupted by the box. On a linux pc it takes less than a minute to fix a corrupted usb stick (delete partition, repartition, re-create MBR, format fat32 and set boot flag), not being a windows user (other than work where everything is locked down) I don't know what tools would do the job any quicker on windows, there must be one though surely??

I'm getting the same result with both sticks after low level format and quick format to fat32. Any other suggestions on what might be going on please? I notice when I plug the sticks back into the pc windows tries to scan/fix, I don't know if that's relevant.

I'm getting the same result with both sticks after low level format and quick format to fat32. Any other suggestions on what might be going on please? I notice when I plug the sticks back into the pc windows tries to scan/fix, I don't know if that's relevant.

That's exactly what i had ....i clicked fix and windows said there was nothing wrong!

Should the files from the zgemma/sh1 folder be moved to the root or am I doing it correctly by copying the zgemma folder itself across? The box is reading the stick as it's creating the movie and timeshift folders when it tries to boot into vix.

Just copy the zgemma folder to stick

---------- Post Merged at 10:25 PM ----------

Try this,.....low level format using hdd guru then safely remove stick from pc. Re-insert and let windows fix if necessary and then format fat32

I'm an idiot. The instructions say usb in back. I moronically assumed that was for another device because I thought mine only had a front usb. Flash in progress! Thanks for the help.

Back