Not off to a good start

hazza7

Bought new H2S off fleabay, arrived with faulty power supply, connected to known good supply logo on screen and scanning activated, box gets to 50 and screen fuzzies and message 'invalid frequency scan', box continues to 101 then freezes.
seller collecting and refunding but I am wondering if I have done something wrong, connections settings etc.
What should I expect to happen, does it make a difference which way round the 2 satellite cables are connected, I swapped them round but no difference, Is my TV incompatible ? Advice appreciated before I buy another ( most likely from site store)

It shouldn't count to 101 I know that.

Get a H2S from the site sponsor Zgemma Star Satellite Receiver's - Official Store There will be no line (gift) with the box and it won't be setup but that is why we are here.

Satellite feeds in general can go either way round and if you TV has a HDMI input it is compatible. It does sound like your TV might not support full 1080 though and it is your TV giving you the frequency scan message. If you can get the box plugged into a FULL HD tv you should be able to diagnose better.

Thanks for reply Wooshman. My TV is 1080p with HDMI input. I had already decided if I was to get another H2S it would be from site sponsor, but feel a bit daunted with all the techie stuff to get it operating correctly with skin and features, but I am reading site entries and becoming a little more familiar day by day.
Its a pity fully sorted boxes to 'plug and play' aren't available.

Fully supported boxes are available that are plug and play. They come at a premium as people like to make a bit on them for there time setting it up.

Whatever you do though, do not buy one off eBay. They'll come ready to plug and play but won't last the 12 months as the subs are often cheap and nasty ones.

Back