now/next not showing next show - slyk-1-hd v5.202

chenks

TK Veteran
noticed this in BTS 1 just now.
now/next isn't showing the next tv show, just a blank.
main EPG has the tv show listed at 10pm

slyk-1-hd v5.202
woosh 4.002

2nuu650.jpg

Kiddac has posted up before
that as it is a hack, it doesn't always work right

try cached flush and give her a restart. But it just happens sometimes
the old one works fine

As silver kindly informs you. There is no option in default enigma2 to bring in the 3rd program for the info bar. Someone hacked it to pull this information from the epg cache. Sometimes it works flawlessly other times, usually when you have been on the same channel for a while it either displays nothing or the same for all 3. It really isn't the end of the world as it works most of the time.

or just change channel and back, usually kicks it in.

a hack?
this is the default layout from a clean skin install though?
although, it wasn't the third item missing that i thought was the problem, it was the missing second item.

Did you read what I wrote.???

I will try again in simple English.

Enigma2 which is the building blocks of your satellite box, was written about 3 million years ago in the age of dinosaurs.
In them days it was just a simple interface to do simple things. The code for this was designed to do simple things.

Since then popular satellite providers have moved on creating rather nice interfaces.

The masses were in uproar. They wanted the same. They couldn't have the same as there was no code on their box to replicate some of these elements.

The entire operating system would have to be rewritten from scratch. It can no longer cope with the demands of the people. But this is not going to happen as who would pay these programmers for all their time and effort. There is no sellable product, so no money for the geeks.

Therefore, some geniuses found workarounds to these problems although there was no existing code in the original components to do this.
They pulled a bit of data from here, they pulled a bit of code from there. In the end they managed to achieve a similar result in a HACKy way without having to rewrite 100s of 1000s of line of code.

It worked... the masses cheered... the odd few groaned.

But life went on.

The end.

yes i wrote what you said, did you read what i said?
you seem to think i was taking a dig at you? not sure why you thought that.
i merely asked to clarify that the hack was the default option of the skin (i assume it must be as it's a clean install of the skin), or is this setting not skin related?

I read what you put, I am just being sarky. :)

The 2 box InfoBar doesn't have any hacks as there is code for now and next. So this will work perfectly all the time.

The 3 box InfoBar does have a hacked(custom) python component as there is no code for the third program.
Now you might ask so why does this effect the 2nd (next box).

Well.. when I was skinning this I also added in my own custom hack to add some ellipsis (..) for long text.
As this worked quite nicely on the 3rd box, I also decided to include it on the 2nd box (are you still following)

Therefore on this InfoBar, box 1 is normal, box 2 is hacky custom code. box 3 is hacky custom code.

Some times it doesn't always work 100%, but most of the time it does.

Accuracy.jpg

Back