Nvidia shield 4k

Merry Xmas all. The wonderful missus bought me the Nvidia shield tv 4k for Xmas and I'm chuffed with it.
Now, I need some advice on what the best app for iptv is, I have stb emu installed and it works a treat, however I've come over from a zgemma and sky feel. So, what are my options for a proper full epg, and a good looking app.
Also, what's the best way to play games, such a s cod bo4 on there, WITHOUT a gaming pc, I've read about steam and GeForce now. Just would like someone who knows the box inside out.
Many thanks, and a merry Christmas to you all.

IPTV, I use my providers own app, based on Smarters, but have a look at them all. There are loads on the app store, plus Perfect Player, STBEMU to name a few. It's impossible to recommend 1 as everyone has different needs.

Nothing is going to look like Sky though.

Gaming, only certain Steam games are compatible with a Shield so have a look. I have seen mixed reviews though, some people say they play perfect and others say it's no good, even with top end broadband speeds. A gaming PC would be better as you can then stream to the Shield.

Personally I use my PS4 for gaming. The GeForce Now free games struggle for me, so I'm not even going to bother with the Steam ones. As I say though I have heard mixed reviews, some people swear by it, others just swear at it.

Retro Gaming is perfectly fine, I have loads of them setup.

Back