Nvidia Shield - IPTV - Any Benefits?

dt99

TK Veteran
Currently using an Amazon Fire TV box for IPTV, streaming, Kodi etc.......anyone who currently uses a Nvidia shield, would I honestly see any benefit in switching to this box?

Amazon Fire box works perfectly for me, but I have been offered a shield for £120 and just wondering if they are worth the hype.

All opinions welcomed.

Spend that 120 mate and you will not be sorry. Much faster machine. Way better interface. Just a great all round box really. For gaming streaming etc

You using a fire box, not the fire stick?

Personally, I would say to hold on to your cash unless you're going to make full use of the potential of the shield... If you're on the box day in day out, using it for more than just streaming tv, then yes, possibly upgrade to it. But, if you just casually (or even all the time tbh) use it just for streaming TV, then I don't think you'll really be making full use of it...

You using a fire box, not the fire stick?

Personally, I would say to hold on to your cash unless you're going to make full use of the potential of the shield... If you're on the box day in day out, using it for more than just streaming tv, then yes, possibly upgrade to it. But, if you just casually (or even all the time tbh) use it just for streaming TV, then I don't think you'll really be making full use of it...

I use a Fire Box downstairs and 2 x Firesticks upstairs. The shield would replace the actual box if I decided to get one. To be fair I would probably just be using it for streaming, I know you can stream from a PC for gaming, but I dont have a PC to be able to do this.

I have the nvidia shield pro and i have had both firestick and fire tv along with other android boxes in the past but the shield in my opinion is the best. Iptv works great but you must have a decent iptv provider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back