Octagon sf0008 ( recommendation )

Whodajoker

TK Supporter
Hi im looking to get an Octagon sf0008 but i dont know what one to get theres a few out there
I primarily want it for her indoors for freesat and freeview or just freesat, i was going to get it for her indoors as
A one stop shop for her stuff she watches and the benefits of itv on 1 remote
I would like to be able to record on this and i dont mind taking the time to set this all up for her.

I have tv aerial all through house
Static Sat on 28.2
& im pre install due to weather for motorised sat ( more for me than her indoors )

1. Which model if any would you recommend if any or possibly a diff box altogether ?
2. Whats the best build to load on it for her indoors (she was used to sly layout)

Your feedback as always is appreciated (y)

There is only a choice of:

SF8008 combo (single sat + dvb-c/t2)
SF8008 twin (2x dvb-s2)

SF8008 Supreme Combo (single sat + dvb-c/t2)
SF8008 Supreme twin (2x dvb-s2)

The main difference between the SF8008 and SF8008 Supreme is the latter will allow you to fit an internal NVMe ssd (it has a few other minor differences but none of them relate to what you have mentioned).

But the original SF8008 will let you record to a usb hdd, or a large usb stick or a micro sd card anyway (bit fussy on brands of sd cards).

So your only real choice, is if you want twin sat tuners or single sat + dvb-t2.

Yeah cheers coke addict i did know about the 4 you listed, still pondering wether to to just do freesat, i dunno she does record a
Lot of sh*t :tearsofjoy: i dunno how the recording works if you done say 1 sat feed and 1 terrestrial feed can you only watch one and record on the other etc ?

Another thing when you have it loaded with say the freesat layout or whatever skin you use, is it easy enough to boot into the iptv menu & vice versa ?
And does the iptv play ok say on comparison with an android box ?
anything over complicated and she will start moaning, me i dont care if it looks like a viark layout as long as the pictures ok im good (y)
Thanks again for your reply

If you have the combo box then when you record that tuner is locked to that transponder, so you can only watch that channel or another channel on the same transponder with that tuner, or you can use the other tuner independently.

So if you record ITV1 HD on Sat, then you can still watch any other channel on freeview for example, or vice versa.

With twin sat, then you will tie up 1 tuner and the other is still free to pick any other sat channel (but remember for twin sat, you will need 2 feeds from the lnb).

As for iptv, you can play the channels from the channel list, or via plugins, as to how good it is, mostly depends on the provider, if their servers are slow to respond you will have issues.

Cheers Cokeaddict think i will get the dual sat setup and just stick the aerial in the tv ( i have the viark currently running round the house via a digital modulator and the pictures good (y) )
Sounds like she might get on with one of these so im gonna grab one cheers (y)

I have got one of the original sf 8008, records fine on a passport 1tb, as you say one tuner is then blocked leaving you with 1 free sat and 1 terrestrial via the tv, also if you have iptv installed that in effect is now giving you 4 connections errrr how many do you want? lol.

Back