WilloBuild Octagon sf8008 stuck in 49

Woke up this morning and box is stuck in boot at number 49

Restarted, unplugged power, unplugged all cables and left..

Still boots to 49.

Any help please, I'm tuning Vix 6.4 and willobuild

Connect to the box with putty and run the following script.
Change the number in this bit 'STARTUP_3' to whatever partition has a working image on it.

Bash:
#!/bin/bash
init 4
cd /boot
cp STARTUP_3 STARTUP
reboot
exit 0

You may be able to get to the recovery menu by powering the box off and powering it back on while holding down the remote power button.

Once you have the box up and running and everything is how you want it, long press the blue button and make a settings backup.
You can then flash your other partitions using the Image Manager and restore your settings backup.

Last edited:
More than often this is down to using an incompatible skin.

If you can still ftp in then you could delete any skins but the default in /usr/share/enigma2/

If you can not ftp in than its a reflash since you have no other partitions with an image installed.

More than often this is down to using an incompatible skin.

If you can still ftp in then you could delete any skins but the default in /usr/share/enigma2/

If you can not ftp in than its a reflash since you have no other partitions with an image installed.

That's exactly what it is (y)

I use KiddaC's skins but I've modded them quite a bit and they don't work on ViX 6.5.
I've spent all week sorting them so that the skins and skin_user files will work on both 6.4 and 6.5.

Unfortunately it seems that I have included some of the new mods in my update file and they cause the box to crash on existing images.

Connect to the box with putty and paste the following:

Bash:
wget --no-check-certificate -O WillobuildUpdate.sh http://www.willobuild.net/files/scripts/WillobuildUpdate.sh && bash WillobuildUpdate.sh

Your backups will still be intact when the box reboots.

Connect to the box with putty and paste the following:

Bash:
wget --no-check-certificate -O WillobuildUpdate.sh http://www.willobuild.net/files/scripts/WillobuildUpdate.sh && bash WillobuildUpdate.sh

Your backups will still be intact when the box reboots.
Lovely, worked perfectly thank you.

Back