Old mxq box?

scrfta

Hey guys. Got an old mxq box, it's very slow I'm not even sure of the specs!!

It's no good for kodi or streaming apps as it's way too slow. I even tried to install retroarch on it and turn it into an emulator console but even sonic the hedgehog was laggy as hell!!

Apart from a paperweight, doorstop, clay pidgeon etc does anyone have a suggestion of anything useful I could use this piece of chinese plastic junk for before I send it to recycle heaven. I prefer not to throw working items away if I can help it but I can't think of a single thing that it would be any good for.

Weird suggestions welcome (not too weird though!:laughing:)

Maybe good for levelling up a wonky table leg, like most of the cheap Android boxes lol.
As this is the only suggestion I may have to use it for this!

I only bought it because I had a $25 amazon voucher and there was nothing on amazon.com I wanted.

Should have bought $25 worth of toilet paper. More useful. :LOL:

As this is the only suggestion I may have to use it for this!

I only bought it because I had a $25 amazon voucher and there was nothing on amazon.com I wanted.

Should have bought $25 worth of toilet paper. More useful. :LOL:
If you set it back to factory condition, will it not run an older version of kodi, like 16.1, I have came across some old Android boxes recently, they work ok with 16.1, as long as you dont put too many add ons on them.

If you set it back to factory condition, will it not run an older version of kodi, like 16.1, I have came across some old Android boxes recently, they work ok with 16.1, as long as you dont put too many add ons on them.
It possibly will but I just don't use kodi anymore. I find it pretty useless and slow these days compared to apps like cinema free etc. I hate the slow load up time for kodi, waiting 5-10 minutes for updates to complete before you can use it.

It may be about the only thing I could do with it though. Kodi is only really useful these days for VOD and there are dozens of apps that do exactly the same but much faster.

It possibly will but I just don't use kodi anymore. I find it pretty useless and slow these days compared to apps like cinema free etc. I hate the slow load up time for kodi, waiting 5-10 minutes for updates to complete before you can use it.

It may be about the only thing I could do with it though. Kodi is only really useful these days for VOD and there are dozens of apps that do exactly the same but much faster.

I havent used an android box in a long time, so I am not up to date with them, suppose its probaly too old and outdated now then, I fixed a few up late last summer, put 16.1 kodi on them and a few working add ons, plus Mobdro, six of them in total, put them on Gumtree for a tenner each and they were all away within 2 days, you could always try that.

Mine runs ok with kodi 16.1 plus live lounge app works fine m8, if that helps. PS don't put too many addons on kodi, about 6 should be fine.

Back