On demand for vu boxes (solo2/duo2)

Okay I'm not too sure exactly how to install it on the box but assumed it would be similar to a normal kodi install. Youll have to wait for Smith to come back and he can share how he's installed it as he seems to have without issues.

Okay I'm not too sure exactly how to install it on the box but assumed it would be similar to a normal kodi install. Youll have to wait for Smith to come back and he can share how he's installed it as he seems to have without issues.

Ok I've made some progress, I had the wrong plugin, if anyone else try's this the correct plugin is vuplus-kodi the instructions then work perfectly, I'm having some issues viewing content but not sure where the issue is.

Trying this out as I really like the look of it, only Kodi I have in the list of plugins is KodiDirect but after installing the skin in this it doesn't seem to work, where am I going wrong?

please check first post all information has been updated

how you getting on with the skin error IAmJames ?

Last edited:
Looking great this guys ...
Do you think this may work on the Zgemma H2S boxes if I could install the vupus-kodi
Cheers

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Hi Steve if you can install a full kodi release it'll run without any errors, if you can only install the vu version then it'll run but at the moment there are some bugs and errors.

I'm bust to tonight bit I'll have a play with it tomorrow when I'm free after finished fixing my skyhd basic build as it's got a bug that needs fixing

Last edited:
Hi Steve if you can install a full kodi release it'll run without any errors, if you can only install the vu version then it'll run but at the moment there are some bugs and errors.

I'm bust to tonight bit I'll have a play with it tomorrow when I'm free after finished fixing my skyhd basic build as it's got a bug that needs fixing
Cheers James
Don't suppose you guys have a ipk file for the kodi as I can't seem to find it
Thanks

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Got this up and running on a solo2, as already mentioned I am also seeing the shortcuts error.
That aside, this looks amazing, thanks for the hard work and looking forward to its progression! :encouragement:

For a temp fix to remove the nagging shortcuts error you can edit the following file via ftp (make sure show hidden files is enabled in your ftp client):

Code:
/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/default.py

and simply comment out the following line of code:

Code:
import pstats

change to:

Code:
#import pstats

Would that work as a temp fix my end when i zip the files whilst I find out what a wrong and how to fix it, or will it simply reset it when it's installed on the client side? I can edit the file and re upload the zip in about an hour so you'll be able to test it to see if it hides the errors. Does kodi normally run quite slow on the stb or is it my build causing it to slow dow alot?

It should work as a temp fix....The main problem is that the python profiler (pstats) is absent from the vix build.
Kodi is pretty slow on these boxes tbh, your build is quite slow mainly when updating each menu screen. Eg: Click Movies > Wait for next menu to load > Click Exodus > Make Coffee > Next Exodus Menu Loaded > Rinse Repeat :grin:
You may be able to optimise this over time, but the MIPS cpu restriction won't be helping you.

Updated version is now online ready for you to download and have a play with, fingers crossed the skin error should now not show up. I do plan to find out how to make the build run smoother on the VU box as from what I've seen it's really sluggish. I'll be busy until atleast the weekend now so please report any issues and when I get the time I'll sit down and sort it out. Have fun guys :)

we haven't sorry just installed via vix feeds if its not in your feeds its not supported on your box m8
Vix pulled the support for zgemma a few weeks back and all the extentions have gone, have to do a manual ipk install now for them. I noticed that the feeds had kodi direct but I did not see the vu version

For anyone wanting to streamline this add-on further I have created an alternative Kodi splash screen.

Simply upload the Splash.png image below to:

Code:
/usr/share/kodi/media/

You can either choose to overwrite the existing one or rename it to SplashOLD.png.

Splash.jpg

THANKS Window for the skin error fix. NICE!

Here is a nice small edit for the loading screen

FROM THIS

Splash.jpg

TO THIS
SKY HD OnDemand.jpg

Upload the attached image to
Code:
/usr/share/kodi/media/

DONE :)

HEY WINDOW! Great minds think alike lol we was both making the loading screen at the same time by the looks of it ROFL

Attachments

• Splash.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I have edited the background images to further the streamlined experience for our sat box on demand purposes:

1.png

2.png

Download the .zip below (requires a thanks) and swap over the enclosed named files to the following locations:

Code:
/media/hdd/.kodi/media/skyhd/images/Home-Background.jpg
/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/skin.skyhd/extras/backgrounds/global_blue.jpg
/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/skin.skyhd/extras/bgoverlays/Overlay-Background.png

Enjoy (y)

Attachments

• on_demand_backgrounds.zip
    162.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back