On screen message about terrorism!

Yes someone has accessed it through your IP address and openwebif i suggest changing the openwbif password

they can see what your watching can change channels etc and connect to your box over the internet

Better still, sort it out in your router as you have either DMZ enabled and pointing to your box or you have opened the ports yourself to gain access to the box from outside the home.

I believe I've disabled DMZ on the router (don't remember ever setting it up) and for now stopped openwbif. Where is the openwbif password set?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the advice, it's very much appreciated.

This morning I've reset the root password on the box and enabled authentication on Openwebif.

I've always wanted to be able to access my box over the external network but never got around to setting it up, although, it now looks like it was already set up and not very secure...

I would like to leave the external access (for myself ;)), is there anything else that I need to consider setting up?

Thanks all for the advice, it's very much appreciated.

This morning I've reset the root password on the box and enabled authentication on Openwebif.

I've always wanted to be able to access my box over the external network but never got around to setting it up, although, it now looks like it was already set up and not very secure...

I would like to leave the external access (for myself ;)), is there anything else that I need to consider setting up?

I do all of my Port Forwarding through a VPN (Virtual Private Network) which is done via my server. Requires Username & Password & my Static IP to login into both my OpenATV Boxes & Server. Better to use a VPN for Port Forwarding

Back