Open Box Recording Problem

boxed

Hi

new to this forum so apologies if a similar post exists.

problem here is my openbox v5s doesn't seem to timer record anymore. All was fine until around about the same time the clocks changed. Now I hane external hd plugged in (mains powered) it has space and if I record by pressing record whilst watching it's fine.

Its its just when I set up a timed record, it just doesn't record.

can anyone help?

also is what's the latest software for these boxes?

Cheers for any help given

There was a problem around this time last year (or possibly the summer time change) on skyboxes. There was a fix for these, but I'm not sure if it will work on openbox, even if one is a clone of the other. The original fix is here>> http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/57026-bug-fix-summer-time-epg.html , someone will, I am sure tell you if it will work with your current box.

Also, is there a setting within the time settings that says GMT +1, that might take your time back to where it should be??

Last edited:
It rears it's ugly head about twice a year (funnily enough) try the changing the GMT setting first.

Hello:

Well checked this morning and to my surprise the two programmes recorded last night have actually recorded. I left my boxed switched on and on the channel this time. I won’t count my lucky stars yet but it may have rectified itself.
Regarding the GMT time etc. My GMT offset is set at UTC +00:00, which I take is the correct setting for this time of year? My summer time set is off and my EPG default is set to internet (XMLTV).

Are these settings correct?

Also I notice my software is currently 3601HD_10_04_2014_0670. According to the following site
yojiatech.com

The latest software is
Openbox V5S Software(140410_0925)

Would you trust this source? What software are you running?

Cheers

My software is also 0670. As the date on the other software is also 140410, I'm not sure if it's any different.

If it was newer firmware, surely it would have a different release date?

I'm not going to bother to update to the firmware, as I don't believe it will make any difference.

Your settings are correct for this time of year.

My software is also 0670. As the date on the other software is also 140410, I'm not sure if it's any different. If it was newer firmware, surely it would have a different release date? I'm not going to bother to update to the firmware, as I don't believe it will make any difference. Your settings are correct for this time of year.
Brilliant Ok cheers, I will hold off the update as everything bar this intermittent record issue works ok.

Hi there I have exactly the same box and probably the same problem, thing is I set up Timer record programs and some work some dont and you can never tell which will work and which wont, really annoying, as i have missed loads of stuff that I wanted to see.

My firmware is 3601HD_10_04_2014_0670 the same as said before.

Has anyone any ideas?

Back