Open box v8s No signal on all channels, any help please?

Meldy

Hey the first day i got my open box v8s i bought a gift from eBay and everything worked perfect, then came home from a holiday and the open box v8s does not work at all, all the channels have no signal. The person on eBay said something about SNR should be at 75% and mines is at 10% . Also the setup is a Nline if that helps anything

SNR is the signal coming from the dish and 10% points to the dish,lnb or the cable as being the problem

lnb what is that? and should i buy one of the adapter/extender from eBay which claim to fix no signal problem?

That wont be the problem,the lnb is what points at the dish to give you the signal,the cable connects to the box one end and the lnb at the dish end,have you got an old sky box you can try to see if the dish works on that,other thing can you try the openbox at a friends house

Plain terms your dish has moved or theres a problem with the inb the bit on dish we're the coax (cables) run from also as its on every channel the no signal fix wont work its only for no signal on certain channels.

The sky box downstairs works fine and its connected to the same dish as the open box, All the channels work fine down the stairs

Also i have noticed that the time and date is wrong too, is set to 2010. Thinks this have anything to do with it

---------- Post Merged at 08:04 PM ----------

I changed the LNB Freq to 5750-5150 and now my SNR is 39-42% on sky channels etc but it is still 10% on BBC ITV etc?

---------- Post Merged at 08:08 PM ----------

Only a few channels play and some with good SNR are scrambled

@the reaper if i set my LNB to 9750-10600 . i get no signals on all the channels and my SNR goes back down to 10%

check your cable make sure the f connector is on right, as in only the bit of copper coming out of the f connector and make sure the mesh wire is not touching it. i twist mesh wire down to make sure there are no stray bits.

---------- Post Merged at 11:16 PM ----------

Is there any way to fully reset the box because i have mucked about with settings ?

yes goto factory settings make sure you do NOT select any of the options and run the factory settings it will keep your line and tp settings. but make sure you do NOT pick any of the options.

alot of these boxes have a fault nothing can be done i have 2 of them tried every thing possible just door stops now

Have this exact same problem, my open box V8S was working fine in my living room until I purchased a ZGEMMA box and stopped using it downstairs. I installed it upstairs in the bedroom and it worked great. I disconnected it whilst decorating and when re-connecting it recently the usual LOAD happens and ends up indicating a channel but no picture, nothing at all on screen in fact. having tried a load a few times with the same result i decided to try downstairs again. The same result but after laying for a while it started working again so disconnected and tried upstairs again , unfortunately the same result. Used all the same leads as downstairs and the satellite cable is using the same LNB and satellite dish as downstairs.
I thought it was the HDMI lead at first as the LOAD was taking place and channel number was indicated but no picture was showing on screen, but when I switched the box off the screen displayed "NO SIGNAL" which would indicate that a signal was being received from the box. I am now at a loss.
Any Ideas?

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 PM ----------

Finally resolved the problem - not sure what was wrong but decided to try the scart output instead of HDMI and low and behold it worked. Once everything checked out decided to re-try the HDMI and all works fine again - at first I thought it was probably a loose connection on the HDMI but have tried to recreate the problem by wiggling the lead without success so not sure what the problem was but all now OK.

LNB should be set to 9750-10600
Reaper.
Having same problem on a V8S that's getting a 10% signal. Was working fine for almost a month and now "No Signal" on every channel. Tried to rescan for channels but it's not picking up anything . Swapped out with F5S and no problem so can't be the dish/connections.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I bought a v8s box and a line. It was working fine the first day but now all the channels are scrambled. The guy I bought the line off told me to delete the old gift, so I did but there still scrambled. I'm a newbie by the way

Back