open vpn tsmedia

i posted this on another thread I think it applies to this thread too

ok lads..the problem is uk isp providers blocking the servers supplying the feeds while prem football is on,
some servers have not been blocked yet but as the season and games go on more servers will be blocked with each game so if your servers streams
not blocked yet it will more than likely be blocked in the near future.. theres no getting away from it as its not them checking social media for servers and blocking them
they are doing it through usage spikes of servers and then blocking servers that way. Im not an expert and don't know the full techniques of how they do it but they are doing it.
All the rep of Ireland users are not having their streams stopped, its only affecting uk users as that's where the court order is for.
I have used a vpn on the server i used and its streaming no problem through a vpn, I tested it on my phone as that was easiest to test on as I don't know yet how to put a vpn on an enigma box.

Can somebody please help with this part of the instruction, what am i actually changining on the file and how?

(if you are using DHCP you will need to change the permissions on /etc/resolv.conf (use : chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf). The reason for this is each time you restart the network or box, the DNS entries are overwritten with your default ISP entries. If DHCP disabled and using static IP then don't need to worry about this.)

hi i was having trouble watching movie 25 and other streams on ts media so i googled about adding proxys and found this on another forum and it worked straight away so i thought il,d share.

Ok, I was getting pissed off with proxies etc in TSmedia so I thought - what about VPN!
After a couple of hours playing I finally got it working and it works very well indeed!
lines still work fine as does 1channel - Movie4K - Icefilm - Movie25 and Simplymovies
first of all install openvpn - I'm running vix so menu/setup/system/network/openvpnsetup
next get your free vpn http://www.vpngate.net/en/ scroll down and pick a server of your choice (pick one with a lowish ping and obviously not UK) and download the openvpn config file,it will look like this xxxxxxxxx.ovpn - rename this file to Client.conf and ftp to /etc/openvpn - then go back to openvpnsetup and press the green button - after about 5 seconds the status should change from red(stopped) to green(running).
If you have a line running this will freeze for about 5-10 seconds while it redirects through VPN.
Have fun lads!!
When I try to ftp this I don't have openvpn in my etc file it's not there

Openvpn doesn't work when I start it it just stops after a few seconds. I'm running wooshbuild open a tv 6.0, can't get vpn to work it's so frustrating

Everything seems to have worked ok when installing the vpn but on my box in the openvpn setup screen I get it as showing:
Autostart: Disabled Current Status: Stopped
I should now just press the green button on my remote to turn this on but im having no luck it just wont turn on or change any of these settings?? If I press blue the log file is empty. Each time I got to open vpn it asks to install it each time and still no luck.
Running out of ideas!!

I think u need to manually FTP to the box and copy the conf files etc...had the same problem and spent hours and could never get it to work....unless someone else knows how to do this then i dont mind giving it another shot.....

Thanks for reply. Yeah I have transferred the 3 files to the etc folder just can't get it to turn on on my box. Unless there is some other files I need to transfer??

When setting mine up (private internet access) I had four files to add to the vpn folder, but it seems every provider is slightly different. If its PIA you are trying to set up then I can send you the correct files, if you want to pm me your username and password

I have an IPVanish Account, if someone can send me instructions on how to get this setup and configured with the correct scripts and files (with the username and password sections left blank), then that would be a great help

When setting mine up (private internet access) I had four files to add to the vpn folder, but it seems every provider is slightly different. If its PIA you are trying to set up then I can send you the correct files, if you want to pm me your username and password

Cheers but it's Ipvanish that I have an account with so probably different files to PIA

Yeah will be different I did try to get a ipvanish trial account just so I could have a crack and possibly help, but it looks like you have to sign up. Someone will be a long to help im sure

Cheers yeah I signed up for a month so want to see if I can get it sorted before that runs out

Last edited:
Ive been playing and you do setup ipvanish the same as PIA. With ipvanish you need only the 3 files The Client.conf, the security certificate and the password.txt file.
I followed instructions that said add this, add that to the Client.conf file, and make a login.txt file. None of it worked

So I tried the way I set up my PIA and it just worked. I have it running now, there dont seem to be any problems (only setup london just to test)

This is the guide I first wrote for setting up vpn, if you follow that then you should be all good to go. Obviously the PIA guide says you need 4 files so just ignore the pem file bit when setting up for ipvanish

http://www.techkings.org/threads/vpn-on-solo-4k-now-working.119219/

Thanks for this but still no luck I'm thinking it could be Ipvanish as I've read others having problems with this. I have a PIA account to try if I could pm you my details would you b able to send me the files. Thanks

I have ipvanish working using the guide posted above so it does work. will send you files for ipvanish. Then if that fails I can send PIA

Can you send me the PIA as i have cancelled my Ipvanish one as it was just a trial so thought I would get it cancelled before my 6 days ran out and try a new service

Back