Open webif streaming

SJM2017

I am looking for advice on the best way to stream from my zgemma h2h (in bedroom) to a none smart tv in the living room.

I don't want to buy another box of any description so my initial thoughts are that i will need something like chromecast or a fire stick, connect up to my wifi home network and use an in built browser to connect to the zgemma via Open webif.

What are my best options for this?

I am thinking that navigating through Open webif via a browser will be a slow process?

Maybe there are other solutions to doing this?

If another receiver of some sort would make it a lot easier i would buy one.

what I used to do before I put a box in every room was, hook a pc up to the hdmi port of the tv and install kodi and then the enigma2 pvr addon, put your openwebif credentials in the settings and it will pick up all your channels via kodi, for a good skin I used to use the sky skin as the icing on the cake, it works pretty well too. I might add that any programme or app that is capable of inputting openwebif settings can also do this.

theres another way that works but its not as good as epg dont work for this method but you could go to openwebif and generate a playlist off your channels and then again get kodi or any other iptv player that accepts m3u files and for example within kodi install pvr simple client and use the playlist to gain access to your channels but the pros of doing it this way is its more stable than the first method, whereas using pvr enigma in kodi you get all the bells and whistles but its known to crash more unless you create smaller custom boquets

Much easier to buy another receiver and use that to stream to.
Pick up a second hand zgemma H2S (should be a few around cheap now) and disable the tuners, set up a channel importer, which will import your current channel list from the H2H.
Now you have a second receiver with the same channels as the first

Much easier to buy another receiver and use that to stream to.
Pick up a second hand zgemma H2S (should be a few around cheap now) and disable the tuners, set up a channel importer, which will import your current channel list from the H2H.
Now you have a second receiver with the same channels as the first

Just to add, i have no vm point in the living room and the sly connection is being used.

The second receiver just needs a ethernet cable to the router. No VM or satellite feed is needed.

That would be a problem running the cable as the router is in the bedroom.

Can i not connect with wifi?

What about using your method but with a dedicated iptv receiver like a MAG256w1 ?

You could try a WiFi dongle, if it's stable it's a cheap option.
I'm not sure on the method of streaming channels through a mag box without buying a iptv subscription

I wouldn't use the OpenWebIf streaming page, it requires some funky plugin which doesn't seem very good. Although I would use it to gather a bunch of M3Us for each channel. Basically just find a way to stream media, maybe attach a PC or laptop via HDMI, or maybe buy an IPTV box/Android box/Kodi Box.

Yeah thanks everyone.

I think maybe a MAG256w1 and create a .m3u playlist from the zgemma.

It will give me the option to buy an iptv sub at some point and i know they are recommended boxes for that.

Back