OpenATV and disabling ECM not working

I've found a bug in OpenATV/ECM and I'm wondering if anyone has a workaround (or knows how to fix)

I've reproduced this bug on 3 different receivers and I've confirmed with 2 other OpenATV users they see the same issue. I've tested on OpenATV 6.0 and 6.1 and it happens on both.
I've tested with internal HDDs and SSDs. This problem does not exist on OpenVix.

I have fresh installed OpenATV 6.1 without restoring settings/plugins.
Recording and playback of recordings worked as expected.

Next I disable "Enhanced Movie Center" plugin that comes with OpenATV. Once the EMC plugin is removed, playback does not work until the current recording is greater than 30 seconds.
Enabling the "Enhanced Movie Center" plugin again and used it for playing back recordings, playback worked as expected.

I've also tried to uninstall EMC but this does not work either.

Am I stuck with EMC? I'm not fan - I'm using SkyNew Skin by Chabs and I much prefer it.

Any suggestions?

I don't know how to resolve this but can confirm that running 6.1 I don't experience this issue.
I've removed EMC rather than just disabled it but I know you've checked both.
I can't see this being a skin issue but personally I use Slyk by KiddaC, pretty similar in feel to Chabs SkyNew.
I've just checked and it plays back fine immediately when recording from a satellite feed or IPTV (GStreamer and DVB).

Have you tried 6.2? I understand it's pretty stable(ish) now, the OS mini and GB Quad+ have nightly updates but can't see anything for the Xtrend 10000.

Thanks @Pilf
I've just wiped my box again and installed the latest fresh 6.1 and I hit the same problem (note you have to record a different channel to the one being watched also)

I haven't tried 6.2 - I'll give it a try

Back