OpenATV or Openvix?

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
1) What is the difference in each image?
2) Do they both have the same features or does vix have more?
3) Is openATV faster on zgemma h2h or openvix?
4) Can i install ts media on both or only openvix?
5) Which one lets me record?

Last edited:
1) Not much - they're both very very similar as they're all based on Enigma2. This goes for others such as OpenPLI, OpenSPA etc. There's minor tweaks, but essentially very very similar.
2) Vix generally has a few more features out the box, but you can still install those extras on ATV and others.
3) They should be virtually identical. The changes between them won't warrant any performance differences
4) Can install on both - and just about any E2 package.
5) Both - you just need to set it up properly.

The main difference between Vix and ATV is that ATV is "officially" supported. You can update ATV using the OTA system. Vix images are patched images from another box and not supported by the Vix team. If you so much as go on the Vix forum and say you have a ZGemma they'll just have a go at you - it's that attitude which makes me use ATV.

It depends what you're using it to watch - cable or sat? The backup images on here generally already have everything you need - so those extra things Vix has out the box are found in ATV.

My image HERE is for UK cable only. Uses OpenATV so you can use OTA updates
DSayers image HERE is for UK cable AND sat. Uses Vix.

It depends what you're using it to watch - cable or sat? The backup images on here generally already have everything you need - so those extra things Vix has out the box are found in ATV.

My image HERE is for UK cable only. Uses OpenATV so you can use OTA updates
DSayers image HERE is for UK cable AND sat. Uses Vix.
I use sat and cable.
i want to add the latest sky skin by kiddacs.
how would i overwrite it with the Virgin skin?

If you want to just flash an image and go, then you need to use DSayers backup. That already has slyk skin as default. Remember, you'll need two lines - one for cable and another for sat.

If you want to just flash an image and go, then you need to use DSayers backup. That already has slyk skin as default. Remember, you'll need two lines - one for cable and another for sat.
image.jpgimage.jpg

My last questions are:

1) where can i find that boot logo and how can i add it to my box?

2) where can i find the coloured sky picon and add that to the favourites menu?

thank you so much for helping me

have a look at kiddacs slyk1hd thread you need to edit the extras.xml for the sky picon. for the bootlogo again look at kiddacs dropbox account bootlogos he has a few images to choose from use the bootlogo tool on his bootlogo dropbox account

---------- Post Merged at 10:30 PM ----------

mine has slyk1hd installed you just need to set it as your skin

Back