openatv OTA updates shrinking epg temporary fix

dsayers2014

VIP Member
I thought Ill QUOTE the fix for the shrinking text issue after software updates on 29/08/2016 incase the original posts get deleted in the slyk1hd v3 thread

Have you ever seen this? I'm trying to think is this happened before today. It affects the 2ndinfobar (And affects both Slyk and Vskin) BUT also affect the command screen (Plugin installation for example). So If I show the 2nd infor bar the text doesn't go all the way across. Then if i go down a channel and show 2nd infor bar the space that the text is shown is gets smaller and smaller and smaller and smaller. Then i have to change the 2nd info bar from 2nd infobar INFO to 2nd Infrobar ECM and then back again - Very odd. Any thoughts? Here are some screen shots of the progression of the narrowing of text.
View attachment 19215View attachment 19216View attachment 19217View attachment 19218

it was posted on my v5 thread, before the clear out.

It's just happened on mine now to. And I haven't done a software update. And I am not using crossepg. grrr

I will investigate tomorrow.

---------- Post Merged at 11:17 PM ----------

i think this is also happening on other skins too though. I will also check that.
Was just going to say I've just done a clean rebuild and not installed CrossEPG (I installed EPG import) and same thing happens. Thanks - I'll keep an eye out for any update and I'll have a look at the ATV updates tomorrow also and see if I can spot anything myself.

Well I've tracked it down to an update and a specific file.
The update is "enigma2 - 5.3+git23130+489bb84-r0 - 5.3+git23131+d79d111-r0"
The affected file is "ScrollLabel.pyo"
It's good on the version on 28/8/16 and bad on the versions after that - I'm now going to look at the source files on GIT (I can see this file was updated yesterday) and I'll log an issue there if I can - Nice to see they tested it before it got committed.
Anyway, if you want a good 'ScrollLabel.pyo', which goes in the following location "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components" - You can download a working one from my dropbox and just drop it in-place and restart gui

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ijfaizfxz2r1x3/ScrollLabel.pyo?dl=0

---------- Post Merged at 01:29 AM ----------

I've logged it as an issue over at github https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/issues/450
(apologies I realise this isn't a skin issue, but as you'll likely get a lot of people asking, at least you know what the problem is, how to temp fix it and that it's logged)

Thanks to p17blo for reporting the issue and providing a temporary fix

---------- Post Merged at 10:08 AM ----------

Its now ok to do software updates the file has been updated

Last edited:
Can confirm that an openatv software update today does fix this bug.

Now after reading on here about bad software updates on vix and atv over the last few weeks, I hope this hasn't broken anything else. My box was running sweet before this bug crept in.

Cheers p17blo, Dsayer for your investigations. And Dsayer thanks for you know what ;)

---------- Post Merged at 09:12 PM ----------

ok... just deleted some plugins after the software update, dvdplayer, pictureview, wireless lan, metrix and the dam thing has bootlooped my box. I knew it would. reflash time :bang head: It's been a while.

Now do I reflash with my backup from july or do I risk the latest openatv. :dunno:

Can confirm that an openatv software update today does fix this bug.

Now after reading on here about bad software updates on vix and atv over the last few weeks, I hope this hasn't broken anything else. My box was running sweet before this bug crept in.

To be honest that wouldn't surprise me after that bug to me it seems that they don't fully test there edits before applying to software updates the bug would have been noticed straight away.

The same with my pull requst for the menu.xml I deliberately left out a peace of code that wasn't needed and it was committed straight away hence I don't think they fully check them before release. It was only after commit that the code was mentioned and that wasn't by anyone from openatv.

I reckon if someone deliberately pushed a bad py file it would still be committed.

---------- Post Merged at 09:56 PM ----------

Hopefully you'll sort out your image

Last edited:
Back