OpenATV Set Up Guide

I thought there was a guide somewhere but I can't find it.
I don't use OpenATV myself but it's usually just a case of installing the softcam manager and then downloading Oscam from Plugins > Softcams. You then need to enter your line details into the oscam.server file.
There's a bit of info here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/58uob2t1wzarwvz/Oscam.zip?dl=0

If you fancy installing ViX instead there is a build for the HD51 in the link in my signature with Oscam already set up.

Much appreciated. I am new to forum, and so far impressed at the community. I will give it ago and let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Goodmorning I am Dinios from Greece and i have a small problem.I followed the instructions above but : i try to install .ipk file in an os mini with filezilla.I send it to the tmp directory but when i go to box to install it i do not see it.Where is the mistake?I have to reboot the receiver?I have openatv 6.Thank you

Goodmorning I am Dinios from Greece and i have a small problem.I followed the instructions above but : i try to install .ipk file in an os mini with filezilla.I send it to the tmp directory but when i go to box to install it i do not see it.Where is the mistake?I have to reboot the receiver?I have openatv 6.Thank you
Good morning, once you have FTP the Ipk file to temp it then needs installing by using software management, install through there, then when it's installed go to plugins, green to download then softcams, then pick the softcam you require. ( Everything is in the instructions)
I've personally checked the download link and then installed the Ipk file myself two days ago as another member seemed to be struggling. But it definitely works.

Rebooting the receiver during this process will more than likely lose the Ipk file as it's only stored in a temp folder.

Good morning, once you have FTP the Ipk file to temp it then needs installing by using software management, install through there, then when it's installed go to plugins, green to download then softcams, then pick the softcam you require. ( Everything is in the instructions)
I've personally checked the download link and then installed the Ipk file myself two days ago as another member seemed to be struggling. But it definitely works.

Rebooting the receiver during this process will more than likely lose the Ipk file as it's only stored in a temp folder.
What is the correct .ipk file? Where can i download it? Maybe i use wrong .ipk file.(I'm using secret feeds)Sorry for the stupid questions i'm new user

What is the correct .ipk file? Where can i download it? Maybe i use wrong .ipk file.(I'm using secret feeds)Sorry for the stupid questions i'm new user
I've put the Ipk file in the downloads section here on techkings, look for it as me as the author.

And the right file is oscam.conf?
Most folk use mgcamd 1.38
If you want to use oscam then you will need to do a bit of reading about oscam.
If you have purchased a receiver that only uses oscam then look for a thread "oscam for ATV"
Or "oscam for openvix " depending on your image

Sorry i' m confused .I must ftp all the folder config in tmp or a file?
Sounds like your jumping the gun.
You need to install the softcam feed first then pick which softcam you need.

What softcam do you want to use?

Mgcamd
Oscam
CCcam

That is the problem.I can't understand how to install softcam feed first
Installing the softcam menu

First download the softcam IPK from the downloads section then transfer it to your receiver using filezilla to the temp folder, exit all. Now we need to install it,
Menu>setup>software management>install location extension>Memory/temp>the file your trying to install should be there, make sure you tick the box and install

Once installed go to plugins press green to download and you will see softcams in the list of available items

Hi Dangerous

i followed your instructions to set up opantv box brilliant they were and worked well for 4 months. The other day channels werent working chased server dude he said all was ok. I FTP to the box just refreshed the key and some channels worked and some didnt. The server dude said i should re scan the channels which i did to no avail. i got a 24 test from another chap to ensure it works it doesnt?? (when i ftp to box i accidently clicked the plug in file which sent the file back up to the box again with a error)

i also noticed my plugins are there but when i go to download others mg cam etc error message comes up. Shall i wipe box back to default as i brought it and then follw your instructions if so where can i do this any support will be appriated.

Regards

Moey

Hi Dangerous

i followed your instructions to set up opantv box brilliant they were and worked well for 4 months. The other day channels werent working chased server dude he said all was ok. I FTP to the box just refreshed the key and some channels worked and some didnt. The server dude said i should re scan the channels which i did to no avail. i got a 24 test from another chap to ensure it works it doesnt?? (when i ftp to box i accidently clicked the plug in file which sent the file back up to the box again with a error)

i also noticed my plugins are there but when i go to download others mg cam etc error message comes up. Shall i wipe box back to default as i brought it and then follw your instructions if so where can i do this any support will be appriated.

Regards

Moey
Personally I would reflash and start from scratch, don't back anything up or restore anything. Everything new.
Just save your line details.
There's been many changes in images lately especially with ABM so it's definitely a good time to reflash ;-)

Back