Cable OpenATV

StevieK

I have a Zgemma H1 on cable and have the latest Wooshbuild (V5.003) installed and running great. I've noticed there's been no OpenATV software updates for the last few days and I imagine it's because OpenATV 6 is now released. Should I stay at OpenATV 5.3 or update to 6? My box, although old and a little slow at times is running fine as it is

I've found the answer on another box thread. Wait for Wooshbuild V6 and then see if it can be used with the H1. If not, a brand new faster box :)

I've been having a look Jim...looks like a great box. Can I ask what you paid and were you able to use Wooshbuild on it?

I paid £229, no wooshbuild but I can point you in the direction of a good openATV image especially if you are using oscam. Check out https://vuplus-images.co.uk/index.php having all those tuners is a massive bonus. I can record, watch and stream to another room all at the same time. The 1700mhz dual core ARM cpu is so nice. Menus and boot times are super fast compared to the zgemma. You wont be disappointed if you upgrade.

Thanks for the link Jim....looks mighty impressive! I won't have the funds for another month or so but that gives me time to digest and learn in the meantime.

I've had the Zgemma H1 for approx. 18 months now and had fantastic advice & support via Techkings and learnt so much. Although I've no issues whatsoever with the H1 (it's a great starter box) perhaps it is time to step it up a level. It's Wooshbuild though....I can't even imagine what I do without it, he's made it all so easy for us Zgemma users.

BTW, I've no idea what you mean by Oscam?

How many tuners did you get for £229?

The uno 4k has one DVB-C FBC tuner which has 8 demodulators. This corresponds to a receiver with 8 conventional DVB-C tuners.
You can view, stream, or record 8 stations at the same time.

This means you only need one feed cable to the box.

Oscam is the softcam for the line.

The uno 4k has one DVB-C FBC tuner which has 8 demodulators. This corresponds to a receiver with 8 conventional DVB-C tuners.
You can view, stream, or record 8 stations at the same time.

This means you only need one feed cable to the box.

Oscam is the softcam for the line.
Hows it running on oscam? Any minor glitches or is it smooth.

Oscam is running perfect on the uno 4k up to now. also streaming to a Samsung TV on my local network in another room using e2stream which also works very well.

Oscam is running perfect on the uno 4k up to now. also streaming to a Samsung TV on my local network in another room using e2stream which also works very well.
Cool [emoji41]
There was a guy looking for help a few weeks ago, had a few issues with oscam and small glitches on that receiver, I guess he must be sorted now as I've not seen any posts from him ;-)

I had a problem with oscam when initially setting the box up. The oscam plugin you download from the plugins menu didn't seem to work. I flashed the box with and image from the link above and worked perfect. I have a feeling there is a different version of oscam for ARM cpu's which was why I was having problems.

Jim, you've gone and done it now....I've decided to upgrade. Won't be until mid May but don't be surprised if I get in touch again. Cheers!

Back