openbox advice newbie

tombo1t

hi i;m thinking of buying a openbox but not got a clue about them .
my questions are

1 when i get my new openbox will i need to put a new firmeware on it as i want to learn how to get sky for free ? or can i just use the one the box comes with ?
2 i know there is 2 bit;s of software that i have to put into the box into the box but compleatly unsure what they are . and dont have a clue which ones to download from the download ?. and dont know where to get clines from
3 have seen the titorial on here but not sure what i;m doing . want to make sure i no what i;m doing before i get the box to make sure i do i right
as i heave read that if i put the wrong stuff into the box i can brick it .
4 and where do i get up to date clines ?.
5 do i need to connect the box via inthernet ? or can i have the box connected wireless ?
6 plus i dont have a 9 pin port on my laptop . But dont thinck i need that as i can see it is updated with all softeware via usb . Am i right on that ?

sorry if the is a bit long but quite unsure about anything just dont want to make a hash of it
thanks for reading my message hope some of you nice people can help me .

Last edited:
just buy a skybox f5s from tk shop. c-lines you have to pay a monthly, quaterley sub. you do need to connect the box to the net. you can update the firmware via usb on f5s that is why it is best to buy from tk shop they are not clones.

c-lines where do u buy ?

can u tell me how and where i buy c-lines from ? and is that all i have to install into the box ? will it b ok to install just the c-lines into the box if the box comes with its own firmware ?

hi tombo1t

when you go on site, allways ask the seller is box genuine or clone I buy from ebay they tell you its a original box if you buy on ebay your will get your money back .

it is not a good idea to buy off ebay. just because they tell you it is genuine dose not mean it is. i would say 90% of the boxes are clones

hi mike123
I have 15 boxes on ebay, every one boxes working your opinon well as mine follow my advice to buy full stop.

Back