Openbox or amiko mini

mcmental

Hi I'm looking at getting my first box,I've found a seller who has openbox v5s openbox v8 and amiko mini jd out of the 3 what would you suggest for me, I only have a sky dish and not virgin.
cheers

Lots of support for openbox, plus they are very cheap, some people report never ending problems but personally I have never had major problems other than mistakes I have personally made. Get a good server and they can be good boxes for the price. On the other hand, the amiko nano has cable which comes in handy if there are any future 'problems' with satellite services, but the nano is also more expensive. Openbox v8 is smaller than f5s, pretty much the same box but v8s has webtv (which isnt great), also has 2 usb ports which is handy if you want to record to usb and use wifi dongle at the same time, f5s doesnt have this choice.

I have openbox x5 and I love it.. Actually I'm selling them too.. do not make any profit and sometimes I have lost but due my passion to it I buy them and send them to peple in USA.
It is very simple if you learn it first... that is the main key..

I'm still having hard time to how to post my comment.. can you guys help?

Hi all . Same question here really.. I am deciding which to buy openbox v8 combo or the amiko mini combo. They seem pretty compatible with the amiko slightly shading it with versitility using different lines. Have returned my ariva 4k due to on going issues with tuner so looking for a cheaper alternative that is relatively easy to configure. Any opinions for me?

---------- Post Merged at 09:20 AM ----------

Ps I'm from Ireland so the combo option is to combine saorview and sat in existing wiring set up.

I've used a few different Amiko receivers and I think they're decent and tricky to go wrong with from my experience and I've had people not very technically minded using them a treat! :)

I guess it's down to personal opinion though :)

Back