Openbox S10 Vs DM500S

bonez13

Hello

Having recently bought an Openbox S10, its very slim on the addons. Unlike the DM500, i could watch via Vlan (or Webpage), on another PC.
Addons,plugins allowed me to watch the ECM and shares, this allowed me to see when my network share went down, i could see whether it was the server side or my network.

My main problem is that of the watching via network on another pc, is there a way that the S10 can do, without the need of Sender units?. The other ,the unit doesnt come with SPDIF out, the box states that AC3 is through the RCA left and right channels, but these only give a stereo l+r.
I dont know if this is right, but if the AC3 is through the HD port, ive connected the SPDIF ToslInk o/p from the Tv. to the AMP i/p/, ill have to see if the 5.1 initializes if it does work.

Comparing the two for multi satellite search/setup, i think the Openbox is better and fasterr (faster chip than DM), and it boots faster imho

The reason i went for the Openbox is that of the HD output and HD channels and the ability of USB recording, epg and pvr, at £57+free pp, bargain!

So, what do i do?, im pondering which box to keep. One solution is putting one of them in the bedroom and sharing the Cline,( obviously turning off from the line in box not in use at that time)

Appreciate if someone does know how to watch via network like the DM500 to let me know

Rich

Last edited:
I would keep dm500 and use that as a server for openbox then you can streem from dm500 and still watch other channels with openbox

Back