Openbox set up newbie - help please

sjf

I have a Sk+ box downstairs and have my son has just bought an Openbox Vs8 for his room upstairs. Problem is, he didn't check out what was needed to connect the Openbox to receive the channels he wants and there is no coaxial cable running into his room. Is it possible to run a cable directly from the dish to his room via an LNB with an extra output, and would this allow him to view different channels to the ones being watched on the Sk+ box?
Thanks for any advice!

Check your l.n.b that it has extra ports for your cable drill 10mm hole through the wall for your satellite cable purchase 2*wf100 f connectors Next you need to get your internet connection upstairs if you can't run ethernet cable direct from the router buy tplinks 500nano have look in the openbox fourm for more guidance

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

If you've got Sky Q then you will have to change your LNB for a hybrid type to use your Openbox. These are freely available on fleabay.

Thanks for the replies. I thought I'd test the openbox downstairs where the coaxial cable enters the house with ethernet connection to internet router. I've followed the instructions on the various Youtube sites, uploaded the programme files, and entered my details for the clines, but all i can get are radio channels, which is really frustrating! Does anyone had an idiot-proof step by step/video link? thanks

Did you look at the YouTube video how to add Cccam mgcam to open boxv8s

Would you need to be looking for is the latest firmware for the openbox v8s network this will let you update your channel list by connecting to the network and selecting the UK tbsprog file also follow the information in the last post for adding your line Make sure you add your line correct if it is low case capitals etc for it to work

Back