openbox v blade media pro's n con's apart from price please peeps lets have it here

hunter1010

TK Supporter
openbox v blade media pro's n con's apart from price please peeps lets have it here

Apart from the huge diffrence in price and actual box size whats the diffrences???

Are we talking morris minor have a race with a focus rs here or what???

Your thoughts please

I can only speak for the Blade as that is what i have, very good picture quallity, easy to update the only problem I have is when I want to record a program it only records about 20 min while on the display it will say "rec" for the whole lenght og the program not sure why.

johny m,
How big is the Hard drive you are using ?

Using blade myself,
pros: good picture, HD spot on, easy to set up, easy to use.

cons: havent really found any, best box i have had by far, moved from
cable about six months ago and never looked back, suppose twin tuner would be an improvement
but not really a problem.

sorry, can't comment on the open box.

Last edited:
Hi Bees
My hard drive is 750 gigs enough to record hours and hours formatted fat32.
in disk manager it says it is all good.
just started to record the Grand prix see how it does

Is that the disk manager on your computer
or the disk manager in the utilities menu of your blade box.

I believe there is a problem with partitioning on large HDDs

I formatted mine on the computer at first and it didnt work properly.
Used the blade to format it and it started working.

There is a tutorial on here somewhere about partitioning
I think Bobby123 done it.

Got to dash out now will post a link to it a bit later when I have got more time

If you guys need to discuss the recording issues any further, let me know and I will move your posts and start a new thread, that way we can keep this one on topic. Thanks

I have not used a openbox but i have a blade bm7000 on the sat side and its brilliant i used to have a starview hd combo plus but i sold it gladly as the ecm times were low and on the blade box its rapid when switching from one channel to another with no delay in picture.
Also there is decent firmware updates on the blade and there is allot of support for the box as well. The remote could be abit more better but thts just my personal opinion.
You can play movies from a usb on it as well i dont know to much about it but i tried a avi file on a usb stick and worked like a charm.

well seems the blade wins as no body has inputed on the openbox says ot all really. cheers all for the input

i am on my third openbox, the first must have been a clone as when i went to update it, bricked, i got the 2nd one, the fan went and started to overheat axeled again, i got the third one last spring, arrived home from hols ast week to find that the housesitter had bricked it, all in the space of 12 months. there seems to be a new way to get sat tv in these parts, it involves a sly plus box, a sly card total cost is 250 euro, once off charge, it is supposed to upgrade itself, no complaints for the past 6 months, from my neighbour, dunno how its done, any ideas people.

Last edited:
Back